tPF students: What are you doing with your winter break?

can i join in? i'm technically an in-between student. i dropped my md/phd program to go to law school. yay! so i'm going to napa valley to visit my bf's folks for christmas, and then i'm going to do random things for a few months and enjoy a loooooong extended R&R. :smile:

This is my first winter break free of school since I was 4. It is VERY strange I must admit. I'm just working...day in an out, waiting to hear if I made the final cut for a round of interviews to make my job permanent.

I'll be working part-time and hanging with friends and family. I also want to get caught up on the books I've been meaning to read.

I want to see Sweeney Todd, Atonement, and Enchanted.

I wonder if I count... cos I'm on my summer break at the moment... 3 months! :yahoo:

Planning on hitting the beach, eating lots of icecream, catching up with friends, shopping (!!!)...

I'm a PhD student and my break kind of started on Saturday. BUT I still have to enter final grades (after agonizing over the curve for awhile). I also have to finish writing a grant for my prelims/comps that is due 1/7, run statistics for 3 projects, write up 2 abstracts to submit to a conference (maybe 3), and prep for teaching a spring class.
Yea...this month is going to fly by!

On the good side...my MOm came down for 2 weeks....so I'll take a little time off to do some shopping and stuff.

I'm a PhD student and my break kind of started on Saturday. BUT I still have to enter final grades (after agonizing over the curve for awhile). I also have to finish writing a grant for my prelims/comps that is due 1/7, run statistics for 3 projects, write up 2 abstracts to submit to a conference (maybe 3), and prep for teaching a spring class.
Yea...this month is going to fly by!

On the good side...my MOm came down for 2 weeks....so I'll take a little time off to do some shopping and stuff.

And in your spare time, you organize several holiday gift exchanges at tPF! You must be one of those annoyingly(JK) organized people who never wastes a moment.:nuts:

And in your spare time, you organize several holiday gift exchanges at tPF! You must be one of those annoyingly(JK) organized people who never wastes a moment.:nuts:

She should change her name to SuperTwiggers! I'm thrilled with myself if I attend classes and feed myself 3 times a day! I cannot imagine organizing the exchanges as well!

@Eponineslove: I can't wait to catch up on movies this break. I want to see Juno, PS I Love You, Sweeney Todd, I am Legend and Atonement.

one more final to go and then im off to Europe...going to France for 4 days, Switzerland 4 days, Belgium 1 day, Austria 1 day, Slovenia 1 Day and Bosnia 12 days...yayy!! im so excited!!

I'm stuck at home in frigid Minnesota trying to get over my mono. I get to spend my break studying for the 3 finals i couldn't take because i was sick :crybaby:
Hopefully i'll get to do some shopping, baking, and hanging out with friends. My goal is to get better so i can have a crazy new years :yahoo:

i got no plans and i'm very very bored right now. i have too much time with nothing to do. today i went to the gym and spent the rest of the time watching tv. how productive...:hrmm:

I'll be getting through Christmas, then the day after New Year's, my dad is having surgery (he has prostate cancer and is having his prostate removed). It'll be hard for my mom and me so I'll be helping out with that most of the time. Unfortunately, the holidays haven't been a really cheery time this year.