TPF seniors? anyone over 50 here? 40?? 60????

I find it funny how all us "seniors" still have it in our head we are in our 20's, myself included! I guess that is hard for a 20-something to realize that, they will see, lol
Do any of you though (and maybe this could be a new thread topic) have a moment when this is brought to your attention? For example, I took over my sons sidekick phone when he got an iphone. One day at work it rang "a fifty-cent song" and all the younger girls were laughing at me. Why do you have that on your phone, one said. I tell you, that made me feel so silly and old. But to be honest, I love 50 cent, Led Zepplin, etc. Just because I'm a certain age I'm supposed to listen to Lawrence Welk?
Another time I felt old is when my 17 yr caught me playing video game and said "how old are you?"

I find it funny how all us "seniors" still have it in our head we are in our 20's, myself included!
I always think how great I look age-wise and am completely certain no one can imagine I'm 52. But then when I'm around my gorgeous, perfectly wrinkle-free, zero body fat, hip-dressed 17 year-old niece I realize I'm not really as young as I think I am. :crybaby:

Speedy, You're just a kid! Mines is 19 days before yours.
The birthdays with the 0 are the only ones that bother me.
My DH took me to Paris last year for my 50th. We were on the Eiffel tower &
I kept thinking, dang I'm 50, I can't believe I'm 50.
The hardest time I had was when I turned 30. :hysteric:

Anyone else feel like we grew up in the best of times?

Speedy, You're just a kid! Mines is 19 days before yours.
The birthdays with the 0 are the only ones that bother me.
My DH took me to Paris last year for my 50th. We were on the Eiffel tower &
I kept thinking, dang I'm 50, I can't believe I'm 50.
The hardest time I had was when I turned 30. :hysteric:

Anyone else feel like we grew up in the best of times?

LMAO!! You are right, compared to you, I'm a spring chicken!! LOL! But man, I shoved a lot of living in those 50 years!

On my 50th I was really sick. I mean SICK! DH forgot, Bro didn't forget but it was like "no big deal", (should be to him, when his BABY sister turns 50!) but my daughter... oh man.... she lives in Boston and she sent me a ton of flowers, ballons, jewelry and stuffed toys... took the delivery guy three trips to bring it all in! Defenitly made my day!

But I am always telling the family not to buy me anything... so they don't! HA!

You know, I do feel like I grew up in the best of times. We didn't have all the cool electronic stuff kids have nowadays, and a lot of what they take for granted we did without. But at the same time, it was our generation who started the massive changes in the world, freeedom of speech as it applies now (although I think we took it a little TOO far, think Larry Flynt) as well as much of the equal rights for ALL. (Again, in some cases it's gotten out of hand, but most of the time I approve.

<giggle> I seriously would love to take some of today's kids and put them in a 60's household and see how they do.

I AM A SEXY SENIOR CITIZEN!

FIFTY TWO AND FABULOUS
grayvioliner1.jpg

And seriously photoshopped by a friend with a twisted sense of humor! ;)

For those of you that know better, here's the real me ready to snip a security tag off a new Prada. Still not bad for 52! :graucho:

attachment.php

I think I'm the oldest here--just turned 63 in December. Physically I feel my age, but in my mind I'm younger. The AARP card comes in handy for discounts!

Got into the designer purse obsession late in life. I've carried Coach for years, then it was love at first sight with Bottega Veneta. In googling for info on BV, I found Purse Forum. It's opened my eyes to a whole new world of bags, interests and people.

Nope you are not the oldest I've got you by a year and believe it or not I have the exact profile you wrote about. For years I carried Coach and Dooney. the Fendi Spy got me into designer bags. I found tPF and the rest is history. My 84 year old mother and 30 year old daughter are into bags because of me and loving it. My daughter is a member of tPF; my Mom just lurks. ;) It's terrific sharing this appreciation of beautiful bags and tPF with them.

I'll be 53 in July. And you know what's the best thing about getting older -- one year closer to retirement!

I came across TPF when I got a LV Manhattan for my 50th. Since then I've gotten two more LVs and a couple of Jimmy Choos. I'm also enjoying a Gryson Skye and waiting for delivery of a Linea Pelle Piper Speedy.

I'm really glad to see so many others over 50 on this board. I was feeling like a woman who refused to act her age...

Only feel my age when I don't get enough sleep it seems that as you get older you cann't stay up all night and function.

I am 40 and don't care about my age! But I do care about my gray hair!

I'm 42... i can't remember how i discovered this place, hum... did i just have a senior moment? lol. i wear t shirt with jeans,capris, minis for going out dancing.sneakers, boots, uggs