tPF & RM Bag Design Collaboration PHASE III: Vote on the sketches!

Which new RM design do you want to see created?

• Bag Sketch [1]

• Bag Sketch [2]

• Bag Sketch [3]

• Bag Sketch [4]

• Bag Sketch [5]

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree the #2 has a little too much going on and I like your sketch better :P

Sorry I'm quoting myself....I don't know if this worked but I tweaked the pic of #2 a little and this is more like something I would like to see. It's not so busy.

attachment.php

Rebecca Minkoff is a fairly edgy designer and her bags are famous for the edge with a touch of slouch, even in the satchels. The Mab, Nikki, and MAC are most people's all time favorites. I think they should have found a way to combine all of the elements of these favorites and make a cooler satchel. I dont see the longer handles which lots of people suggested. without a proper handle drop you cant throw it on your shoulder which is always nice to be able to...without a cumbersome shoulder strap hanging around. I feel like these designs are all very ordinary. i definately hope the hardware is toned down....like brushed/antiqued metals. the shiny ones are cheap looking and these bags are not cheap! i think the tassel should be replaced with some other type of charm.....something new and exciting. : )

Honestly, the sketches shown are pretty ordinary and I am underwhelmed by the designs. They "look" like other bags. Leather and hardware can "make" a bag - so maybe there's hope???

Here's what I thought when looking at the sketches:

1) Looks like MJ. It appears that this one is the only design that has a longer strap to wear on the shoulder or to hand carry, besides the longer crossbody option.
2) Coach/PS1 inspired
3) Botkier Trigger - the dog clip pays homage to the MAC hardware, but isn't it cumbersome to unhook when trying to get into the main compartment of the purse?
4) This "looks" like an RM bag, but somehow, the proportions look awkward
5) Bayswater Meets Coach

Meh.....

Here's what I thought when looking at the sketches:

1) Looks like MJ. It appears that this one is the only design that has a longer strap to wear on the shoulder or to hand carry, besides the longer crossbody option.
2) Coach/PS1 inspired
3) Botkier Trigger - the dog clip pays homage to the MAC hardware, but isn't it cumbersome to unhook when trying to get into the main compartment of the purse?
4) This "looks" like an RM bag, but somehow, the proportions look awkward
5) Bayswater Meets Coach

In total agreement on the bolded above.
MJ is my usual designer and I gravitated toward no. 1 immediately. Really need a permanent strap that goes over the shoulder, many of us are not comfortable with straps that end at the armpit level.
No. 2 was nice too, but too much going on I think, would need a stiffer leather to get the structure it needs.
No. 4 has the definite RM "lines"; no wonder it's currently logging in at first place

Status
Not open for further replies.