tPF gave me a great idea for a class assignment!

1. Some of you may recall from a previous thread that I am going back to school. In my Effective Persuasive Writing class, we have to write a persuasive essay as our final project. There were list of topics to choose from, but we were also allowed to suggest our own topic. The topic, of course, would have to be approved by the instructor. This week, we had to write a short proposal outlining what topic we are doing. We had to explain why we picked the topic and why we feel it would be good persuasive essay topic. Inspired by tPF, I decided to propose writing my essay on the counterfeit industry. I mentioned my interest in fashion, and I cited some facts about the kinds of practices and organizations behind counterfeits and the cost to the American economy. I got my grade back for my proposal, and not only did she approve my topic, she gave me the full grade (30 out of a possible 30 points). She said she likes my idea and looks forward to reading my essay. :yahoo: Who said all those hours spent here wouldn't pay off?!
  2. Good for you. I sense an A+ coming already. :nuts:
  3. Me too Prada! Thats Awesome! You should post a bit of it so we can read! :yes:
  4. Congrats, this is awesomme!:yahoo: And I also hope you can post some parts of the essay here when you write it :graucho:
  5. Oh that's great !! you go girl, and plz share w. us bits of your essay. I'm super interested to see where it's going. What are you majoring into ?
  6. great job!!! see, not only does tpf give you handbag power, it gives you A's in school too!!
  7. UPDATE: I just got back my grade for the paper, and I got an A! It was worth 300 points. I got all 300 points. My instructor said my paper really opened her eyes about counterfeiting and that some of my facts were startling. Thank you, tPF, for giving me a great idea! :wlae:
  8. congrats!