tPF Connection and Your Hermes Store

Another thought...maybe I just like the anonymity of the forum because I'm kinda a shy person.

For example, one of my distant friends PMd me through eBay because she figured out my username and what I was selling and asked my 100 questions and I felt violated somehow (of course, other friends know me on eBay and we share selling/buying stories all the time - but this was a distant friend).

I think I'd rather just be oblivious to whether or not my SA knows me on the forum, rather than me know that they know who I am and then I have to watch what I post - KWIM?

Great question!!

Frenchiefan, my sentiments EXACTLY.

^Well, it's dependent upon how well I know this 'so and so'. If we've been online for 1-2 years and have met, it's alright and maybe even natural.

But someone, whom I've never met and don't know the last name, kinda uncomfortable as I have no idea as to what they were talking about. The context of their conversation would be a curiosity for me.

AirMess, I think you have cracked the mystery for me! Thank you! I am just thinking aloud here. I think whilst some ladies here are very quick to extend their friendships on this forum (including PMs), they are actually not so comfortable IRL embracing the new found friendships. It perhaps has got to with the TRUST factor.

One question though, is it important to want to know what was the context of their conversation? I honestly couldn't care less. It this happens to me, I would just smile and nod. I won't try to second guess what actually took place. Life is too short. In fact, I would just approach this person and try to clarify.

Now, let me post a slightly different question:-

Will you be unpleasantly surprised if your SA comes up to you and relates to you that so and so mentioned she got to know you through The Purse Forum?

Nope, no problem for me...but I've mentioned this forum (not in specifics) to SA and she knows some of the clients I've sent her were from here.

AirMess, I think you have cracked the mystery for me! Thank you! I am just thinking aloud here. I think whilst some ladies here are very quick to extend their friendships on this forum (including PMs), they are actually not so comfortable IRL embracing the new found friendships. It perhaps has got to with the TRUST factor.

One question though, is it important to want to know what was the context of their conversation? I honestly couldn't care less. It this happens to me, I would just smile and nod. I won't try to second guess what actually took place. Life is too short. In fact, I would just approach this person and try to clarify.

Well, from my experience, Hermes sales stuff is quite discreet, the very fact that the SA brought this to my attention would warrant some form of question on my part. Again, it also depends on how the SA told you about it, did she say 'Oh, Mrs S dropped by, said hi' if it seems innocent, I don't care.

Anyway, sounds like you got some little misunderstanding going on there?

Do most of you guys know each other's real names? Because I think if I tried to say hey guys, I know Mrssparkles *wink *wink *nudge *nudge, the SA would be like :confused1:

LOL! At that moment, I would want the floor to open and swallow me up! I would also feign ignorance if any SA tries to verify my pseudonym!

Although I know some of the ladies real names, I do not call their names out loud here, unless it's obvious the ladies do not mind or that there already is a status quo where everyone's calling this particular person by her real name.

I think I know where you are coming from but coming to a forum and participating in a forum has its 'hazards'. I think the moment one chooses to partake in all the discussions here opens himself/herself to 1) scrutiny 2) exposure of identity or the likeness of identity. Trying to preserve some privacy in an international (and very successful forum if I may add) forum is like maintaining a false sense of security.

I'd always thought the need for anonymity is more important to people who create an illusion of grandiose for themselves in cyberspace and take on a persona so different from themselves in real life ....

I'm pretty open about myself/whom I am but I don't always post everything I purchase just for safety and to maintain a little privacy. It's fairly obvious who I am from my sig, lol, but I do realize I'm a very obnoxious over-the-top personality so I wouldn't deliberately want people (esp. my SA) to see what I post online. I think she would pass out if she saw the grillz'd Beaver.
:roflmfao:

I've always wondered about all of this too. :shrugs: It would not matter to me if my SA knew I was on tPF. I wouldn't bring it up because when I am at Hermes I am focused on buying stuff and it just wouldn't really come up. If anyone from my store was on here they would know who I was, but I never say anything on here that I would not say to them in person. Like they have no stock, etc. :P They say that themselves. LOL I think tPF is a big positive for them. I know I wouldn't have spent so much money at H last year were it not for the enabling I got here! :yahoo:

In fact, I would just approach this person and try to clarify.

Mrs S, there's no need to say too much to this person especially when she has her opinions dug in, KWIM?

Just say what needs to be said, as shortly as possible and be done with it and give it some breathing room. B4 you know it, it'll be done and over with, if not, probably not worth your time.

I'm pretty open about myself/whom I am but I don't always post everything I purchase just for safety and to maintain a little privacy. It's fairly obvious who I am from my sig, lol, but I do realize I'm a very obnoxious over-the-top personality so I wouldn't deliberately want people (esp. my SA) to see what I post online. I think she would pass out if she saw the grillz'd Beaver.
:roflmfao:

LOL! This is a thought to take away from here. I need to think about this a bit more ....

I've always wondered about all of this too. :shrugs: It would not matter to me if my SA knew I was on tPF. I wouldn't bring it up because when I am at Hermes I am focused on buying stuff and it just wouldn't really come up. If anyone from my store was on here they would know who I was, but I never say anything on here that I would not say to them in person. Like they have no stock, etc. :P They say that themselves. LOL I think tPF is a big positive for them. I know I wouldn't have spent so much money at H last year were it not for the enabling I got here! :yahoo:

Yeah, tell me about it. All the enabling ... made me drop all other brands and cross over to Hermes! Like today, I received 3 missed calls from my now ex-Chanel SA. I could not recognise the number anymore because it's no longer on my speed dial! LOL

My SA knows I belong to tPF and she was actually surprised at how much knowledge I had of the leathers, merchandise, etc.! If anything, this forum benefits her - because as soon as I see something I like that someone posted - off to her I go - lol!!!

^^ All these discussions have suddenly started me thinking .... all of us, collectively together, do we have enough prowess to influence Hermes to produce the bags in the combos we want? :graucho: :graucho: :graucho: How nice it would be if Hermes use tPF to poll what we like every podium? What a wonderful thing it would be! :yahoo: