tPF Book Club: Let's vote on our November book!!

VOTE! Which do you want to see as our November book?

1. "The Eight"

2. "On the Road to Mr. Right"

3. "The Mosquito Coast"

4. "Freakonomics"

5. "Zen & the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"

6. "Rethinking Thin"

7. "My Sister's Keeper"

8. "Stardust"

9. "The Sun also Rises"

10. "Lovely Bones"

11. "Lucky"

12. "The Almost Moon"

13. "The Handmaids Tale"

14. "Into the Wild"

15. "Sons of the Circus"

16. "Thousand Splendid Suns"

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Wow, we got a lot of suggestions for our November book! :woohoo: Hopefully I'll be able to fit them all into one poll, lol! To save on space, I won't put the descriptions in here, but I will add the link to all the books so you can go and read the description yourself.

The Eight - Katherine Neville

On the Road to Mr. Right - Belinda Jones

The Mosquito Coast - Paul Theroux

Freakonomics - Steven D. Levitt & Stephen J. Dubner

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance - Robert M. Pirsig

...more suggestions to come soon, be patient with me as I type them up!
  2. You've got until Tuesday AM to vote - so start voting!! :biggrin:
  3. I read the Mosquito Coast years ago and enjoyed it. I'd happily read it again. But as I love to read anything and everything, whichever book is chosen, will be good!
  4. I love Hemingway. I'd love to read The Sun Also Rises, with you guys and discuss it! I love this idea. Sadly I missed the first book. If you don't mind, I'd love to join this club! Can't wait to see what you all chose!!!
  5. I feel the same way, I would like to read it again.
  6. Im going to participate this month! I voted for 'Lovely Bones' I just read 6 pages of it on Amazon and boy is it interesting! I already ordered it. I am goign to read it even if ya'll dont pick it! lol
  7. ^^ I've got that book, it's really good!! One of my favs actually :heart:
  8. You're more than welcome to join!! :heart:
  9. Wow, that's a lot of choices. I voted for "a thousand splendid suns." I noticed its been on the top seller list for a while and I'm curious to know what it's about. It will be nice to read something a little more deep than the last book.
  10. hehe, definitely a lot of choices! I was surprised by how many suggestions we had this time around :smile:
  11. I voted for Into the Wild, because I've been planning on reading it anyway! I wanted to read it before seeing the movie so I gotta get on top of that! Also, wasn't sure if I wanted something as heavy as Thousand Splendid Suns (if it was close to as heavy as Kite Runner). I'm sure it's amazing just you have to be in that kind of mood
  12. I voted for freakenomics because I have been wanting to read that book for awhile. I see lovely bones is second in the lead. I have already read it and recommend it to people even if it doesnt get picked. It was a very very good book that is definitely a tear jerker and makes you appreciate life
  13. I love reading books, but I'm afraid "A Thousand Splendid Suns" might be way too heavy for my reading style.