Tote for this fall and winter.

1. I have this amazing large black bag or you could call it a tote from Cole Hann.

I am bored of it and I don't like that you cannot close the top of the bag and the snow goes in.

I was thinking of purchasing this
    http://www.shopintuition.com/product.asp?pid=17161&catid=30&parentid=19&WebCategoryParentID=8&onCategoriesPage=1

But don't like to purchase from the States because I know I will be paying more. But, I really like this one.
    In your opinion, would you say this is large enough to carry regular sheets of paper size and my dictionary or my manual book?

Also, what colour should I purchase if I get this?

I was thinking of investing in a LV tote bag but I know for a fact that it would get destroyed quickly because my bag can get very heavy and I have to put it down on the floor during my commute to work and slush with salt would contribute to the problem.

Would you think that spending $250.00 US is too much for a tote bag, knowing how dirty and damaged it can get in one year?

Do you have any other suggestions?

2. I love Cole Haan. Have you looked to see if they have any new tote styles you like? I think their prices are probably more than this bag.

From the dimensions given, it should be large enough for papers, folders, etc. (18x14). I like the blue or black. I get kind of tired of brown, but that's just me.

If you're near department stores they may have less expensive totes that close at the top which would work for you. If I see something online that might work, I'll post here again.

Good luck!

3. Thank you. I don't think I want to go over $250.00 or maybe $300.00. Cole Haan is really nice and I think in Canadian it is way over $300.00 for a large bag. I do want something that is mature/professional but would be nice if the bag was a bit trendy but too much.

I don't think I want to go to a department store because most medium class buys those types of totes and I want mine to stand out a bit.

So far, I really like this tote and it doesn't appear to be a copy of any other good name brands.

4. You can find some very nice gently used tote bags on eBay. Tods makes great totes, really nice durable leather. I'm sure you can find one for $250.00 on eBay. Just make sure you authenticate here before you bid or buy!
    Good luck and have fun shopping!

5. Purses, I really like the tote you put in your original post. I forgot about the Can. dollar difference, making CH more expensive. This bag certainly won't look like everyone else's bag; it would be a good choice. what color are you leaning toward?