Totally Appalled....Anyone else had this experience?

The invoice said it was from Sacramento. What was more upsetting to me was that the customer service lady is having the same store send me another one. I have to return it to that store also. She said they would send me a new purse when they received mine. I really want one from a warehouse, where I can be sure it isn't a display or returned...

:wtf: i've never had this issue before.

but i think that that lady was right in making you return it to that store. because it's THAT store's fault.

but to have them send you a new one? hopefully they've learned their lesson.

because you can return it.

and buy it elsewhere.

i wouldn't give them anymore of my $ but that's just me. fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me, kwim?

hopefully this is the last time.

the whiskey shoulder bag is gorgeous! :love:

Thanks for all the support :smile: I just was so shocked by it all! Even though I live 2 hours away I am thinking about just driving to avoid the whole shipping mess and then possibly not even getting reimbursed for it...

The invoice said it was from Sacramento. What was more upsetting to me was that the customer service lady is having the same store send me another one. I have to return it to that store also. She said they would send me a new purse when they received mine. I really want one from a warehouse, where I can be sure it isn't a display or returned...

That is absolutely not right in my opinion. ANY STORE and Jax should take care of this, you SHOULD NOT have to send it back to that store and pay. Are you close to a store? There is no reason for it to go back there besides the fact that they have to damage it out, but any store could do that.

You shouldn't have to wait for the new bag either, they should ship you a new one once you call them with a tracking number because that way they have something.

Thanks for all the support :smile: I just was so shocked by it all! Even though I live 2 hours away I am thinking about just driving to avoid the whole shipping mess and then possibly not even getting reimbursed for it...

wha....no you should get reimbursed for the shipping!

and, do you have that store's number? the two hour away one?

call them first, to double check, have them check their inventory and the surrounding ones. if they do not want to help you call and have those stores ship then you can call yourself and make sure you tell them you want a new one from the back, not floor model or rewrap.

hope that helps!

i just got off work today. i'll be in tmr again. i don't think whiskey is going away, despite what the other thread says so i'll double check,

wha....no you should get reimbursed for the shipping!

and, do you have that store's number? the two hour away one?

call them first, to double check, have them check their inventory and the surrounding ones. if they do not want to help you call and have those stores ship then you can call yourself and make sure you tell them you want a new one from the back, not floor model or rewrap.

hope that helps!

i just got off work today. i'll be in tmr again. i don't think whiskey is going away, despite what the other thread says so i'll double check,

Thanks Ms. Whitney :yes:
I did call the store (Dallas) that I got it from first, the manager said they were out in their region, which is why they made me call the main customer service line. I originally ordered it through the Dallas store and they had the Sacramento store ship it to me b/c they were out. So should I call the Sacramento store and tell them that I want a new one only? Another thread from earlier today said that only 3 stores in the US had the whiskey shoulder bag and that JX was backordered. I would rather wait for them to make more than pay full price for a used one or display...

hmm...what i would do, is ship the bag back to sacramento and have them refund you, and reimburse you for the shipping as well as have you ship to them be on coach's payroll. no way should you lose out on this.

then i would contact the dallas store, and have them check to see if it is backordered (they would show X amount in red with the date that it's suppose to be able to order, actually it's a day after so if it's 1/14 then it's really 1/15)

and have them take down your info and order it ON that day asap or, you can make a note of that day and call them and order it then.

So the box was opened? maybe a delivery person switched your new Legacy with a fake bag they had already been carrying around??? I can't believe Coach would send out a bag in that condition...I'd be pissed off!! :cursing: Hope you get your new Legacy and money for shipping.

btw i had a customer sale where another store called to help this lady because there was a customer issue there and they were trying to track down this bag that is completely sold out.

of course our store had it because :sweatdrop: it was in the corner of some hole we discovered.

and of course we shipped it for free.

i really don't think that the dallas store would be different, so if it is backordered, have them locate those three stores that have it, make sure they make sure it's not a display or such

through telephone, still works believe it or not, some pple don't have common sense but if you spell it out they wouldn't send you a used one.

and have that store ship it to you free.

Thanks Ms. Whitney :yes:
I did call the store (Dallas) that I got it from first, the manager said they were out in their region, which is why they made me call the main customer service line. I originally ordered it through the Dallas store and they had the Sacramento store ship it to me b/c they were out. So should I call the Sacramento store and tell them that I want a new one only? Another thread from earlier today said that only 3 stores in the US had the whiskey shoulder bag and that JX was backordered. I would rather wait for them to make more than pay full price for a used one or display...
The Legacy Shoulder Bag in Whiskey which I orderd from Coach JAX was showing backordered when I first ordered it on Tuesday. When I checked again yesterday it was showing up shipped. I believe the Legacy Shoulder Bag in Whiskey is in production in JAX and they are shipping them as they are produced. I think you should take your damaged bag back to a Coach Store and order a new one from Coach JAX online. Good Luck.:love:

I just ordered the Legacy in whiskey last night and this AM it showed up backordered. I am hoping to get it sooner than 30 days. Ms Whitney or Lizcordova can you help me? I was wondering how long does the backordering usually take. Also, should I get the legacy wristlet in whiskey or the framed french purse in whiskey? I just wished I got my legacy as quickly as the 3 charms I orderd standard (got em overnight!). Please let me know...:confused1:

Wow... this makes me scared to order things that aren't available in store... Good luck!

Off topic, but... ms whitney - that wasn't a medium black signature clip hobo, was it? :graucho: If so - that probably was me. (The purchaser.)

btw i had a customer sale where another store called to help this lady because there was a customer issue there and they were trying to track down this bag that is completely sold out.

of course our store had it because :sweatdrop: it was in the corner of some hole we discovered.

and of course we shipped it for free.

quote]

Ok here's the scoop. It pays to call and inquire! I called about my handbag (Legacy in whiskey) being backordered and asked how long it would take until I would receive it. They said actually they found a store that has a brand new one and will be shipping it out today for me express. I asked about it being unwrapped, floor model, etc. and they said "No way. It's brand new. You paid for it to be brand new and it will be." They were so nice about it and that definitely settled my disappointment of not receiving it for 30 days! AHH! That would've driven me nuts.

Candymandy18- so, even though it say's backorder you'll probably recieve it normal time. I would call Coach back at their Customer Service number: 800-444-3611 and demand exactly what MsWhitney said: demand free shipping back and have them ship out one today overnight. You have to remember that you are the customer and without customers they wouldn't have a business. If you are nice but persistant you will get what you want. If you don't get what you want from the person you are talking to ask for their manager and keep asking until you get what you want. You shouldn't have to drive 2 hours to get your purse when you didn't do anything wrong. My only suggestion is don't get too mad over the phone (because they'll think you're a witch with a capital B), but be consistant and they will eventually do it. Hope this helps! :shrugs:

I hope you get reimbursed for the shipping. I doubt it though. It sounds like her saying they will reimburse you is just their way of getting YOU to pay for the shipping so they won't have to.