Totally and utterly disappointed...

I am a true outlet shopper (for the past year and a half) and am fortunate to have an outlet 20 mins away from my home.

I am not used to seeing the new stuff in the outlets so soon...maybe last years items, but not last months items!:confused1:

So sorry to those who paid full price. I love to brag about my savings, but I feel horrible now doing so after hearing that some of you are upset!:sad:

NO! Don't you dare feel bad! I love seeing everyone's good deals, I'm truely happy for the people who are getting the deals. I just get upset that I'm not in a position to get some of those good deals too..haha. kwim?

We all have different shopping styles. I like my more expensive Coach bags ($500+) immediately upon release, fresh and pretty from the warehouse, via Fed Ex, with the pretty box and bow.:yes: That's just me. I've found those are more difficult to find at outlet or on ebay, and if it's one I can't go one more day without, I don't chance that I'll find it elsewhere down the line. Ditto with the keychains and charms (I LOVE my candy keyfob and hammered brass keyfob). Other items that I can take it or leave it (so to speak), I'll hold out to see where the prices go.

Now clothes, on the other hand, give me a consignment store any day! :tup::smile:

It's the shopping diversity that keeps so many types of businesses afloat, I reckon.

Great thread by the way. It's nice to see opinions shared with out fear of flaming.

Please keep posting your great outlet finds. Although I'm jealous, my mom lives 15 minutes from the outlet (a leather coach outlet) & if I call & they have a particular bag, then they will hold it & she'll pick it up for me. Look, we all love a bargain on a great Coach bag & who knows maybe this will motivate us to meet some PF girls for an outlet shopping spree?! How about Sawgrass Mills in Sunrise, Florida anyone interested?

I am a true outlet shopper (for the past year and a half) and am fortunate to have an outlet 20 mins away from my home.

I am not used to seeing the new stuff in the outlets so soon...maybe last years items, but not last months items!:confused1:

So sorry to those who paid full price. I love to brag about my savings, but I feel horrible now doing so after hearing that some of you are upset!:sad:

Oh no no no... I am totally not upset at YOU or any other TPFer who got an excellent deal. :nogood: I LOVE a bargain-- in almost ALL other aspects of my life-- I am a bargain hunter! I :heart::heart: a good deal!

I just think it is bad business ethics for COACH!

Everyone who has an outlet close by-- go do it up right! Seriously-- those are AMAZING deals. :graucho:

But... it appears that outlet shopping is becoming more exclusive than boutique/online/phone shopping. I can order by phone through Coach.com, a local store or shop at Macy's and pay full price at each place or shop using PCE or maybe a sale at Macy's. I cannot shop at an outlet without driving 4 hours. I can't order by phone at an outlet without paying full price for an item. Now if the same items that are online or can be ordered by phone (which are full priced) are going to show up in outlets at the same time on a consistent basis then I'm boycotting Coach because it's ridiculous to expect me to pay full price for an item that's being offered at a significant discount at some store that I can't purchase from because it's no where near me. It's totally my choice. I can accept it and pay full price and be happy or I can chose not to purchase any longer. I don't mind hearing about a bag that was available 6 months ago hitting the outlet but a slew of bags that were just on the website yesterday? AND I thought that the Legacy bags were items that weren't going to go to outlets? We pay $400 and up because we think they won't go to the outlets only to find that they are? They create special boutiques for Legacy bags, let us believe they are a more "elite" or "exclusive" item then ship them off to outlets? Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled for those gals that got the deals! That's fabulous! But if it's something that's becoming part of Coach's policy then I'm done with Coach and paying full price for their bags.

I'm not boycotting Coach, but I AM boycotting the boutique stores. It's outlets only and department stores for this kittycat from now on. Ironic to, I got a new catalog today after not getting one for eons. I feel like taking a huge black Sharpie and writing a "Thanks but no thanks" on it and sending it to the store here in town. ARGHHH!!!!!
Rant over (for now).:nuts:

LOL! I guess I shouldn't say I'm boycotting either but I am making changes. I'll only pay full price if I HAVE to have a certain bag but that's not likely as there's plenty I can live without. I also will save up and do big PCE purchases so long as I get invited and can order by phone. And I'll have to just hawk ebay more often now and buy last season's bags. No big deal for me to carry a bag that's an older style as no one where I live is fashion savvy! So, I guess my boycott is more aimed at paying full price. But then again, it has to hit them where it hurts, in their profits before they'll take notice and listen. This just sucks because I truly do love Coach and consider myself a loyal customer. I just hate feeling this way. Oh, well, I'll chill out I'm sure! I probably just have PMS! LOL!

I'm gonna admit to simply being jealous! I love my Coachs and don't see me ever changing but my only options are ebay and online, no outlets near me. I was so jealous to see the bags that I would love to have but have no chance of getting. Maybe I need to quit looking, then I won't know what I'm missing out on.

That was a great whining post wasn't it.

Hey Bethie.... I can WHINE right along with you......

It's so frustrating living in a state with NO COACH STORES>> NO OUTLETS>>>> and we only have 1 dept. store here that has VERY FEW coach... and just the classics and sales DO NOT include Coach.

I don't mind shopping on line etc.. but I will NEVER have the opportunity to take part in the PCE sale etc... (wish there was some sort of PCE possibility for those of us who order via the Coach website due to not having ANY stores!! - I actually asked Coach customer service about that and their response was that "you have to go to a store".... )for me that would probably be around 700 miles away-- same for an outlet!! Wish Coach would do on-line sales... allow PCE to be used on-line... or that there was an on-line outlet!??!!!

I LOVE :heart:seeing all of your great purchases and deals though... just frustrated that I have no opportunities for discounts.... with hubby's job here.. not likely to move anytime soon!! OK... my "PITY PARTY" :crybaby:is now OVER!! Thanks for listening!!

Hey Bethie.... I can WHINE right along with you......

It's so frustrating living in a state with NO COACH STORES>> NO OUTLETS>>>> and we only have 1 dept. store here that has VERY FEW coach... and just the classics and sales DO NOT include Coach.

I don't mind shopping on line etc.. but I will NEVER have the opportunity to take part in the PCE sale etc... (wish there was some sort of PCE possibility for those of us who order via the Coach website due to not having ANY stores!! - I actually asked Coach customer service about that and their response was that "you have to go to a store".... )for me that would probably be around 700 miles away-- same for an outlet!! Wish Coach would do on-line sales... allow PCE to be used on-line... or that there was an on-line outlet!??!!!

I LOVE :heart:seeing all of your great purchases and deals though... just frustrated that I have no opportunities for discounts.... with hubby's job here.. not likely to move anytime soon!! OK... my "PITY PARTY" :crybaby:is now OVER!! Thanks for listening!!

My brother in law and his family live in Montana and I will say it was hard to find much shopping, though we managed. I didn't see any Coach at that time.

I am in the same situation, far away from a boutique and even farther from outlets. As a comment in one of the Coach surveys, to one of the questions about receiving a good value. Yes Coach has quality products but is the true value really outlet prices? It seems about every 3 months new lines are released, and now we know more about deletes (thankyou SA's!)

I've learned, for limited editions, or very sought after bags, get them asap, from Coach.com. I prefer to order them as soon as they are released (less likely to receive a returned bag!)

But yes it is "sour grapes" to not be able to scream about a fantastic outlet find!!!

If it makes you feel any better Chanel IMHO has been a total PITA lately. Crazy price hikes & honest to God their quality has gone down! I'm also starting to feel the same way about LV!

The older pieces of LV & chanel are made so much better IMHO. I've read a bunch of others posting similar feelings to mine too.

Maybe people have become SOOOO brand obssessed that things are just really out of whack?!?

I mean why in the world would NEW bags be ending up at outlets???? How strange.

I went to the Tanger outlets in Riverhead, NY on Thursday and they had NOTHING!!!! All OLD stuff., like last years scribble shoulder tote, last year duffles, last years patchwork, etc. NOTHING new! We are going to Hershey, PA in a few weeks and there is a COACH outlet there too. I am going to go in there and see what THEY have...the outlet out here has NOTHING! VERY depressing :sad:

My cousin lives in VA Beach and she said that the outlet is 1 hour from her. Is that near you? If you wanna meet, I'll bring the bottled water ( I am a nursing mom & always have extra large bottled water on hand). ;) Sounds like a cross country outlet blitz for TPF girls!

I am game-- just someone pick me up in VA on your way down to FL!

Baby and I just need to stay hydrated and have many bathroom breaks and we are good to go! :yes: