Tory Burch Chat thread

I found this info on the Tory site under the Tory Daily site. You may want to look under archives and see if you can find out about the other bag.
http://www.toryburch.com/blog-post/blog-post.html?bpid=209861

Thanks this has been very helpful. The first one (the tan Lilium Hobo) is actually still available on the Tory Burch website for $695, thanks to your link to the blog post for the other bag (the elusive blue Lilium Utopia Semi-Circle ) it also has a link embedded to the store which it is marked down to $486.50 but is miraculously also sold out.

Thanks this has been very helpful. The first one (the tan Lilium Hobo) is actually still available on the Tory Burch website for $695, thanks to your link to the blog post for the other bag (the elusive blue Lilium Utopia Semi-Circle ) it also has a link embedded to the store which it is marked down to $486.50 but is miraculously also sold out.
Call customer service, if there is one anywhere in the US they will track it down for you.

I would also keep watching the sales because they have a strange habit of pulling things items out of the vault. I love tracking things down so I'll keep my eyes open on sale items for you. I missed out on getting a wallet a few years ago, I did eventually find it on a FB site, perseverance is my middle name,

I would also keep watching the sales because they have a strange habit of pulling things items out of the vault. I love tracking things down so I'll keep my eyes open on sale items for you. I missed out on getting a wallet a few years ago, I did eventually find it on a FB site, perseverance is my middle name,

Actually I think I've stumbled onto one locally for sale but I was posting asking about it because I couldn't seem to find anything on the Tory Burch website and even no ebay listings which I thought was really strange (and couldn't find a style number, either). At least the elusiveness means it should be authentic, I hope. This isn't the one I'm looking at but here's the one on tradesy which is the only other one I've found for sale if anyone else is looking for one:

https://www.tradesy.com/bags/tory-burch-tote-hobo-bag-navy-19457900/

Thanks again that blog post was really helpful!

Reactions: lettuceshop
I was also wondering how easy is it to clean Tory Burch bags. What do the shops and outlets use to spot clean a bag that maybe got a little dirty from customers handling it in store? Or do they just sell it at a discount?

In particular the pebbled leather or saffiano, they are cleanable? I mean the general kind of dirty if that makes any sense. I am not talking about stains from liquids or cosmetics but maybe you put your white pebbled leather bag down on a shelf that hadn't been cleaned in weeks.

Here's a link to the handbag spa site, where they give you the history of saffiano leather and keeping it clean. I have used quite a few different leather cleaners on both the saffiano leather and pebbled leather bags. Both of those types of leathers are much easy to keep clean and free of stains. Personally I'd say the smooth calf and lambskin leathers are the most troublesome. Don't use anything with alcohol and never use a magic eraser!

Here's a link to the handbag spa site, where they give you the history of saffiano leather and keeping it clean. I have used quite a few different leather cleaners on both the saffiano leather and pebbled leather bags. Both of those types of leathers are much easy to keep clean and free of stains. Personally I'd say the smooth calf and lambskin leathers are the most troublesome. Don't use anything with alcohol and never use a magic eraser!
Great, good to know.

But does anyone know how Tory Burch stores handles dirty bags? Discounted? Sent to outlet? Cleaned and put back out for sale? I've never been to a TB store or outlet.

From what we understand they are no longer sending boutique bags to the outlets, they are lines of bags that are created just for the outlets. The boutiques are spotless, I can't imagine that the bags get very dirty or damaged that they have to be discounted. They have regular sales so possibly the wipe them down quite often, they change the inventory constantly. When you purchase a bag from the boutiques they bring out new bags from the stockroom.

Thanks for your information. I'm a newbie to handbags and Tory Burch so I'm just trying to get a grasp of their business, bags, what to look for, care and maintenance as you can probably tell by all my probing posts, ha. I've recently stumbled across some of their bags which has sparked my interest.

Thanks for your information. I'm a newbie to handbags and Tory Burch so I'm just trying to get a grasp of their business, bags, what to look for, care and maintenance as you can probably tell by all my probing posts, ha. I've recently stumbled across some of their bags which has sparked my interest.
If you read some of the info on this boards you will become quite knowledgeable.

Reactions: Louiebarney
What's the life cycle of the bags on the tory burch website? Were most introduced at the beginning of the year as a 2016 collection or did they do more staggered releases with the seasons?

What's the life cycle of the bags on the tory burch website? Were most introduced at the beginning of the year as a 2016 collection or did they do more staggered releases with the seasons?
For the most part the bolded section applies, they release new collections or additions to collections (such as new colours) each season but they'll also have a few other releases throughout. That being said, there are some bags that have been on the site for over a year. There's also the core collection, which includes the York Tote and York Wallet.