Top makeup/skincare picks for DRY skin??

1. I am looking for a new tinted moisturizer, eye cream and night moisturizer...I would LOVE to hear recommendations from those of you who have really dry skin like I do. Thanks so much!!:p
  2. I have extra dry sensitive skin and am looking for some new things too. I use cetaphil sensitive skin creme at night (and in spots during the day), but REALLY need some good eye cream ... that's where I'm the dryest!
  3. I really like the moisturizer Hope in a jar for dry sensitive skin from Philosophy. I've heard or read somewhere that they use that or recommmend it to burn victims because of their skin. Not sure if that is true. As far as eye cream, I'm still trying out different kinds and would love to hear suggestions too.
  4. I was just thinking about starting a thread to ask the same thing. My skin tends to get really dry in the winter. Can't wait to hear the suggestions.

One thing that I do use that really seems it help is Chanel's HydraMax Serum. I use it at night and I can see and feel a difference when I wake up in the morning. It's very light weight and has a nice smell too. Although, it's not cheap, but it does last a while though!

Also, Caudalie makes a great eye cream too that I use sometimes. It's nice and thick without being sticky.
    Sephora: Caudalie Contour Cream Eyes and Lips: Fine Lines & Wrinkles

AND, I LOVE their lip conditioner! One of the best lip balms/treatments I have EVER used!! It stays on for hours and has a wonderful light vanilla-like smell.
    Sephora: Caudalie Lip Conditioner: Lip Balms & Exfoliants
  5. The rescue oil by The Organic Pharmacy works wonders. You wake up with beautifully plumped up skin.
  6. I have always had very dry skin, and the products that work for me for day are Bobbi Brown's Moisturizer and Cetaphil Moisturizer. At night, I wear Oil of Olay nigh cream. These products work very well for me. If I find that I am excessively dry still (usually around the nose area), I will use a prescription cream from my dermatologist or Vaseline. :smile:
  7. Citybalm offers "custom scented pure shea butter and olive oil cream". If interested, may I suggest you check out the feedback, and contact the seller to ask her questions about her products.

Etsy :: citybalm's Feedback

Etsy ::
  8. I have dry/sensitive skin and Sisley works for me! With regards to tinted moisturisers, I love Laura mercier and Bobbi Brown. Good luck! =)
  9. Thanks for your suggestions, everyone! :smile:
  10. I've read that Monoi de Tahiti oil is good for dry skin.

Etsy :: Monoi Gardenia Whipped Body Butter

Etsy :: ZAJA Pure Monoi De Tahiti Oil Bring The Beauty Secret Of Tahiti Into Your Life

One user added a few drops of this to her skin cream.

Feedback from Sugarlips
    Etsy :: aromaticbodyoils's Feedback

This oil is quite lovely! Very moisturizing and smells great - I add a few drops of it to my skin cream for extra help against dry winter skin. Thanks so much!"

This is from a product sold by Gudonya describing what Monoi de Tahiti oil can do:

Etsy :: Gudonya Monoi de Tahiti - All-Natural Tahitian Beauty Secret for Hair and Skin - vegan

"On Your Body:

Monoi de Tahiti is ideal for all skin types but is most beneficial for people who suffer from dry or very dry skin problems. The best way to use Monoi de Tahiti on your body is to apply it immediately after a shower or a bath when your skin is still moist. For best results, towel dry your body then rub a few drops of Monoi de Tahiti in your hands and massage all over. Repeat if necessary, especially on dry spots like elbows and legs. Massage gently until it is completely absorbed into your skin, which, by the way, will feel satin soft and silky smooth. If your skin is particularly dry, even scaly dry, Monoi de Tahiti is the ideal moisturizer for you. Used regularly it will help restore its natural healthy, smooth and soft appearance to your skin.

On Your Face:

Because it is 100% natural from vegetal ingredients, Monoi de Tahiti is safe to use on your face, especially if your skin is dry or wrinkled. It will soak right through and leave your face more youthful, and more healthy looking."
  11. Hi Couturegrl, I have a few reccommendations for dry skin.

Tinted Moisturiser

The best I have found is Becca's Luminous Skin Colour. It's very moisturising, has an SPF of 25+ and comes in a huge range of shades. More info here:

I haven't tried this one but I've heard that Bobbi Brown's Extra Tinted Moisturising Balm is good for dry skin. There is more info here: Bobbi Brown Cosmetics :: EXTRA

I also don't mind Laura Mercier's tinted moisturiser, I find it gives more coverage than most tinted moisturisers.

Night Moisturiser

I agree about using a hydrating serum underneath your usual night cream. I like Chanel's Hydramax Serum, which I use underneath Chanel's Hydramax Moisture Boost Cream. There now have a richer version of cream called the Hydramax Moisture Boost Comfort Cream but I haven't tried it and also I'm not sure if it is available in the US.

Dior make a serum called HydrAction Deep Hydration Radical Serum and you could use this in conjunction with their HydrAction Deep Hydration Rich Cream.

Other night creams you may want to try are YSL Maximum Replenishing Cream, Lancome's Hydra Zen Neurocalm Soothing Recharging Night Cream and Laura Mercier's Night Nutrition Renewel Cream .

Also another thing you might want to try is hydrating mask. I like both Lancome's hydra Intense Mask and Chanel's Nourishing Cream-Gel Mask, they do wonders to plump up and hydrate skin. You can also leave them on overnight for an extra boost. I have also heard good things about the Dior HydrAction Deep Hydration Intensive Mask and Clarins Thrist Quenching Hydra-Care Mask.
  12. You might want to look into The Body Shop's skincare lines. I have combination skin, so I can't vouch for their dry skin products, but I love the stuff that I use. I've found that their moisturizers are great because they do a good job, smell nice, and also don't make my skin greasy. Something to consider, at least.