Tooth Whitening for Sensitive Teeth?

1. I have pretty sensitive gums/teeth but really really need to whiten my teeth. I am not looking for very dramatic results and so I think I would be happy with a drugstore/do-it-yourself type product. I am most concerned about tooth sensitivity.
    Any recommendations?

2. I'd like to know, too! Crest White Strips hurt way too much ... even when I use them every other day!

3. Buy Sensodyne toothpaste and rub it on afterwards and brush w/ it exclusively until the sensitivity goes away:yes:

4. I have very sensitive teeth and I've been using Listerine Whitening Pre-Brush Treatment for a few months now and I have nothing but good things to say!

It's worth trying ... my teeth are noticeably whiter and my gums haven't hurt at all. :smile:

5. ya, all whitening strips will hurt your teeth (this is coming from someone who has pretty non sensitive teeth already) so maybe give waht thinkPINK is using a try...

OR just whitening toothpaste to start with...

6. Thanks, ladies!

7. I have sensitive teeth and cannot use Crest and after having my teeth done professionally, was in sooooo much pain.... I have used GoSmile (gosmile.com & available at Sephora) successfully without irritation and Rembrant's 2 hour white is the only whitener I have found that contains the ingredient that protects sensitive teeth. I did the 20 minutes once a day instead of several times in a row...
    Good luck!

8. Good to know!

9. I've had a problem with everything too. QVC has one that's supposed to be good with sensitive teeth. If you do a search on their website, you'll find it.

10. I'm a dental hygienist..
    and in my opinion..
    i would not suggest anyone with sensitive teeth to whiten their teeth.
    why?
    because there has just been too many patients who had a lil sensitive teeth that turned into big major sensitivity on all teeth after whitening..
    whitening sensitivity is normal but it should go away..
    but for some people..it never went away..
    i tell them that it is up to them whether they want to take the risk...
    but i reallyw oudln't unless i really really really hate the color of my teeth but most of the time, we're our hardest judges..