Too funny; Sex in the City Birken episode

1. I am watching it right now. $4,000 for a Birken? Does anyone remember what year this episode was produced?
  2. That is an older episode...Season 4 maybe? Not sure what year. And I thought the price was high when I saw that! Now they are $7500!
  3. Sad thing is it will keep going up.
  4. I have a book called Icons:Elements of Style by Dodie Kazanjian. She writes for Vogue and the book is a collection of some of her essays. One of them is about her quest for a Kelly Bag. When she gets it (a black box Kelly) she pays the astronomical sum of $2,800. Boy, I wish I had the money back then.
  5. How long ago was the price at $2800?

6. I don't remember exactly but I think it was in the early 90s. I will look it up when I get home.
  7. Dood, the inflation rate is crazy! It kinda tempts you to just buy it now and "save" in the long run, no? Hahaha I'm terrible!
  8. Whoa that's a huge difference!

also, I loooooove SATC. So funny when Samantha saw the jogging lady with a Birkin. :lol: :lol:
  9. ha I'm not a SATC frequent watcher, but I saw that last night. The funny part is how the list is always closed for us, but the SA whipped it right out for her.
  10. That Was An Older One....Cute Episode
  11. I believe she called the lady in a track suit "a f*****g nobody!" That was hilarious! :lol:
  12. Hilarious episode but the prices make me a little depressed!!!
  13. I only found out about the Birkin Bag from Gilmore Girls last year... I'm so wanting one but my husband put his foot down.
  14. Grab your Birkins now when you can because soon the basic ones will be $10,000...they are moving up in price fast!
  15. Just because he put his foot down doesn't mean you can't put away some of your money from time to time and save for one. Also of woman have done that, it's takes about 1-2 years for you to get one if your on the order list so by then you should have it covered! ;)