Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes to Wed in Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShoooSh

O.G.
Dec 27, 2005
Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes will get married in Italy on Nov. 18, Cruise's rep confirms to PEOPLE.

An Italian wedding in some ways brings Cruise, 44, and Holmes, 27, full-circle: Their first public outing as a couple, in spring 2005, was in Italy, where Cruise was in Rome for the April 29 David di Donatello awards. Giddy over his new girl, Cruise told reporters on his way into the Auditorium Conciliazione di Roma, "She is an extraordinary woman."

Nearly a year later, the pair welcomed their first child together, daughter Suri, on April 18. "She's so beautiful," Cruise told PEOPLE shortly after Suri's birth. And just two weeks after becoming a mom, Holmes said she felt "wonderful."

The actor told Good Housekeeping in June that he and Holmes had waited to wed until after Suri was born because they wanted their daughter to be at the ceremony.

"In many ways," he added, "we feel like we already are married. I know I'm with the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. So the wedding – that's just the party."

Cruise's rep told PEOPLE last week that the couple had asked their longtime friend Giorgio Armani to design the attire for the wedding.

And Holmes recently jetted to Italy – perhaps to scope out wedding destinations – after a whirlwind shopping trip to Paris. But she told PEOPLE she'd already crossed one thing off her list – her wedding gown: "I already have my dress."

Status
Not open for further replies.