tokidoki pronounciation

So my Italian was picked up on the side while in Italy (and taking a Dante's Inferno class in college), but I believe BV's are pronounced Bwon Via-gee-oh, but the emphasis on the i is less than the a.

lol at Tehlilone! im here!

ill start with the ones i can remember:

andiamo: an-dee-ah-mo
dolce: doll-chë (as in chester)
zucca: zoo-cah
bambino: bam-bee-no
bambinone: bam-bee-no-në (as in never)
gioco: gee-oh-co
luna: loo-na
ciao: chaw (pronounced as in owl)
ciao ciao: same as above
denaro: den-are-oh
portatelefono: por-tah-tëlé-foh-no
caramella: car-ah-mel-a
caramellina: car-ah-melina
stellina: stel-ee-na (as in stellar)
buon viaggio: boo-on vee-a-gee-o
mamma mia: mah-mah mee-a
trenino: trë-nee-no
scuola: sku-oh-lah
nuvola: noo-voh-la (noo as in noon)
cucciolo: ku-chee-oh-lo
bella: bell-ah

latte: lah-tëh
adios: ah-dee-os
spiagia: spee-ah-gee-ah
foresta: for-ës-ta ( ës as in the letter S)
citta rosa: chee-táh ro-sah( with accent on the "táh" as in taco)
vacanze: vah-can-së (as in semetary)
transporto: trans-pór-toh (por as in pork)
pirata: pee-rah-ta
l'amore: la-more-ëh / amore: ah-more-ëh
tutti: too-tee
inferno: in-fher-no (fher as in fertile)
paradiso: pah-rah-dee-so
famiglia: fa-mee-lee-a
camo: cam-oh

arancia: ah-ran-chee-a (or it can be ah-ran-cha) depending on your accent.. sounds fairly equal in italian and latin speaking accents

fumo: foo-mo
notte: no-të
bianco: bee-an-co

i forgot the name for the one that looks like a porta.. erhm i dunno, cant remember anything else right now. but hope this helps so you can stop the brutal mispronunciations :roflmfao:

thanks love :heart:
it's funny when i'm chatting with friends online and we're talking about tokidoki's and other people who have no idea what we're talking about it's hilarious!

Paulie is so awesome :heart: lol I haven't seen you on LJ or here much at all. Getting ready for your trip? oh and do u want to put a post on LJ as a reference w/ the pronounciations?

Paulie is so awesome :heart: lol I haven't seen you on LJ or here much at all. Getting ready for your trip? oh and do u want to put a post on LJ as a reference w/ the pronounciations?

yeah i havent been posting here cause im staying away from toki for a while, cant become an obsessive purse buyer, its my fear. saving money for other things. so yeah ive been drawing like a maniac and getting ready.. 2 months left. cory and i are super excited.:graucho: so yeah, hope things dont get screwed up at the last minute!

however i do post pretty much all the time on my lj. and i already made this same post on tokiholics and added it to the memories..even if it was added at the other community long time ago. miss youuu!

aww :heart: I've noticed your drawings btw. your latest one is really cute :smile: I just never comment tho cuz... well I just never really comment :sweatdrop: I wish I still had a paint program. I haven't had any paint programs for the last couple years :sad: I really need to get something.

I was thinking about this earlier today, too!

How do I pronounce Legno? :sweatdrop:

I think I have been butchering some names as well, but I think the worst offense if people buthering Simone's name-I asked his business partner at a signing and it is

"Seh-moe-neh":smile: not Simon and Legno is just like it looks "Leg-No"