tokidoki ink

ouch I think having it at the ankle would hurt?? lol ...I dont show my back either, but Ive always felt like my back could be a big canvas lol regardless if anyone sees it... :P

Ankle doesn't hurt that bad, I think it's the 'safest' place pain wise.
I don't remember it being painful at all, a little disturbing, but that's it.

I'm over 24 hours (my tattoo artist is too slow) into my right half-sleeve and the only part that hurt was near the elbow...but it's really (and I mean this) not that bad. If you're looking for something small a good artist should be able to do it quickly and with out a lot of pain. I chew gum and it helps me a ton! (I go through about a pack) This may sound weird, but if you just think about the pain it becomes less of a deal. For me it was nothing compared to cramps! Also, once the needles stop, the pain stops...then you're just a bit sore for a few days (nothing worse than sunburn)
Pain is very temporary. Tattoos are forever.

snoopa: oh really? Idk Im feeling my ankle right now and its bony so Im assuming its going to hurt more because my skin is thin around that area????

Frogbubbles: I pierced my the upper part of my ear..where the cartilage is--the pain wasnt that bad..but getting a tat might be a different pain than piercing.. I have no idea what my tolerance of pain will be until I get a tat.. :P at least you know how it feels since you got them twice ;)

Tokidokigirl: wow...I wanna see your sleeve!! Ha I dont think Im planning to get a small one :confused1: I have soo many things that I want to get..like a chinese dragon, yin&yang symbol,tiger, butterfly, cherry blossoms, toki...geez too much that its probably going to be big tat cuz I cant choose only one!

Clearly you've got way better tolerance than me.

I have a foot/ankle tattoo, and it hurt a lot. Not as bad as my wrist tattoo though.

Come on, where are the pictures? :nuts:
Both you and Tokidokigirl.

I donno, like I said, it's alot like an epilator, it hurts most in the parts with lots of fat tissue, like the back of the leg, the ankle is ok.

Vmasterz- a helix? I had one too but it wouldn't heal, so I took it off after almost 3 years of battle. :Push:
I also have a tragus(that won't heal either :lol:) and they were both very painful.
The most painful piercing I had was my nose ring, it was excruciating pain and it seemed like forever, fell off 3 months later :Push:, tattoos are NOTHING compared to piercings, especially cartilage ones, it might take longer but the pain is very mild.

I personally didn't find the ankle, wrist or upper arm to be that bad. I mean of course it does hurt but I can usually concentrate on something else to ease the pain. However, the hips and ribs absolutely kill!

Tokidokigirl, 24 hours, he must be slow. What kind of design are you getting. I too would love to see a pic

Frogbubbles: I pierced my the upper part of my ear..where the cartilage is--the pain wasnt that bad..but getting a tat might be a different pain than piercing.. I have no idea what my tolerance of pain will be until I get a tat.. :P at least you know how it feels since you got them twice ;)
They both hurt, but it's a different kind of hurt...I don't know...

The most painful piercing I had was my nose ring, it was excruciating pain and it seemed like forever, fell off 3 months later :Push:, tattoos are NOTHING compared to piercings, especially cartilage ones, it might take longer but the pain is very mild.

Heh, I've had nearly no trouble with any of my piercings (um...rook, tragus, daath [ok, that one is stupid], anti-tragus, and a lip piercing).

Here's an album with pictures of all of my tattoos:

http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r126/seabellied/

Ah you're lucky. I wanted a rook but after the way my tragus acted up I figured it won't be any better.
This is my 2nd tragus, had to take the first one out because of really bad infection.

My nose and tongue piercings were just fine, it's only the cartilage ones that give me a hard time.
Also had an ear stretch, not too big just 4-5mm, and it was so itchy I had to get rid of it. :Push:

I love the flowers you got on your inner wrist, that's where I wanna get my next tattoo but I have no idea what to do. No wonder your ankle tattoo was painful, it goes all the way down to the foot, that's gotta hurt.

Come on, where are the pictures? :nuts:
Both you and Tokidokigirl.

I donno, like I said, it's alot like an epilator, it hurts most in the parts with lots of fat tissue, like the back of the leg, the ankle is ok.

Vmasterz- a helix? I had one too but it wouldn't heal, so I took it off after almost 3 years of battle. :Push:
I also have a tragus(that won't heal either :lol:) and they were both very painful.

I guess thats what its called lol ...well since I did it by myself (it hurt a lot to me...cuz I didnt have a piercing gun or whatever hahaa..lets just say it took me a hour to finally get it out on the other side:Push: :Push: )..Ive battled like 6 bloody infections in that year! After that year its all good.. :biggrin: Wow you had a tragus? I never though about it haha..that must of hurt! ..wow nose ring too? I think I want an eyebrow ring lol but idk now haha...

I guess thats what its called lol ...well since I did it by myself (it hurt a lot to me...cuz I didnt have a piercing gun or whatever hahaa..lets just say it took me a hour to finally get it out on the other side:Push: :Push: )..Ive battled like 6 bloody infections in that year!

WTF?! You pierced yourself without any piercing skills?
Crazy!
I didn't get mine with a piercing gun as well, none of them. It's not good to do cartilage piercings with a gun, they are more likely to get infected + it rips the cartilage coz it's so fast.

I still have the tragus, it has it's bad days and good days, today's a good one, it looks healthy and happy. :wlae:
For some reason I don't remember it being that painful, nor the helix, the nose ring was much worse.

God I can't believe you did that, I gave up on trying to insert a new jewelry into my ear stretch coz it was too painful. I'm such a wuss. :Push:

WTF?! You pierced yourself without any piercing skills?
Crazy!
I didn't get mine with a piercing gun as well, none of them. It's not good to do cartilage piercings with a gun, they are more likely to get infected + it rips the cartilage coz it's so fast.

I still have the tragus, it has it's bad days and good days, today's a good one, it looks healthy and happy. :wlae:
For some reason I don't remember it being that painful, nor the helix, the nose ring was much worse.

God I can't believe you did that, I gave up on trying to insert a new jewelry into my ear stretch coz it was too painful. I'm such a wuss. :Push:

Yeah I was that :nuts: haha! well actually my mom didnt want me to get a second earring on the same ear..she was sooo totally against it..ha even with tattoos..anyways I thought it was a money issue so I just did it myself haha! No piercing skills haha..I just picked a spot on my ear and bam! :lol: Im never doing it again!! Well since that bloody year is over, its been good for quite sometime now...the only thing is I cant use silver or any other metal other than white gold (havent tried yellow gold)...cuz if I use other metals Im going to get an infection..its soo picky haha!