Tokidoki fake?

1. I'm new to the TOKIDOKI line. I had my eyes on one in eBay, the CIAO CIAO bag. It seems kind of suspicious to me that seller states it is brand new without tags and without the toy. Then I looked at the listings and this sellers sells all kinds of Lesportsac bags at a very low price. In one of the listings says "made in USA", that means the others are not?

Anyway, just wanted to know if there are some fake Tokidokis out there
    cause I really dont want to buy a fake.:hysteric:
  2. WOWWWWW, 44 members looked at this post but actually nobody answered.....?
  3. I don't even know who/what that is. . . I must not be the only one.
  4. I think its safe to say almost everything is faked. I wouldnt be surprised. The tokidoki line has a good secondary market track record..and that is appealing to fake makers.
  5. I don't know if there are fake Tokidoki's out but I know there are fake LeSportsac's out there..
  6. No one answered b/c they don't know & would like to find out as well.
    It's better to be safe than sorry. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if there are fakes, agree with others that it's better to assume that there are.

A lot of members thought that there are no replicas of Marc by Marc Jacobs styles b/c they are less expensive than Marc Jacobs styles. I have seen fakes -- lots of them too.
  7. Someone might have responded if there was a link or an item number or SOMETHING.
  8. From what I have read, it's better to save your hard earned cash and wait for something better. That eBay seller sounds shady...
  9. Thank you guys! I didnt put the item number cause I dont think that you can do that, assume an item is fake and disclose the seller without any proof. I didnt bid on the item. It did not have a lot of bidders, what makes me think that other people were suspicious as well.
    For the record, I also saw the Foresta print on eBay, which is weird cause it has not been released in the US yet.
  10. Just thought of something... Gwen Stefani is bringing out another handbag line that isn't from LeSportsac, but may quench your thirst for a funky bag that is chic! Maybe save up for those?
  11. I saw her line of watches in Nordstrom, did you see them? really really nice....
  12. i just brought a new tokidoki pouch!

from the third design. there is the orignal in a white bkgd with anime objects. and then they had that (yucky IMO) khaki or olive green bkgd anime and...the third one is super cute.

13. There probably are Tokidoki fakes out there. Everything today is faked. I thought all LeSportsac products were made in the US?
  14. actually i brought mine from the Nordstrom's counter and the bag says it's made in china

lesportsac is japanese, and i think everything is made in china these days.

well almost everything. certainly some pieces of LV. as well as juicy and D&B

i wonder if nordy's started selling fakes now...maybe mine is too ;]
  15. Since you bought yours from Nordstrom, you shouldn't have to worry about its authenticity. Enjoy it. =)