Toile/Barenia Bolide......?

Well, seems you've already decided against it before I got a chance to chime in. I think Barenia is for someone who can be completely relaxed about waterspotting, staining, darkening and feels it's part of the character of the bag. Color transfer on toile would make me crazy. I'm not a candidate for a Barenia and Toile anything.

Agree with you there, Millstream! I know how crazy my Trim makes me....I can only use that bag when I'm so dressed down that what I'm wearing makes old, baggy sweats look good!

i don't know if barenia and toile is an ideal combo really - barenia is meant to be worn in, while toile is meant to be preserved. there's a contradiction between the 2 that even this gemini finds too awkward. lol

If you took good care of it I'm sure it would be fine. Of course the handles will darken eventually but you can have those replaced if it really bothers you! I think if you can find one, go for it. They're not all that common. It would be a beautiful addition to your collection.

I have to also say that the barenia and toile combo is really stunning in person. With the white contrast stitching, it's drop dead gorgeous because of the different textures also and never fails to get tons of compliments. I love mine and while I don't use it every day, I would never sell it!

Shopmom, one other thing, the toile gets dirty easily. Do I regret buying toile? Not for a second. I love this particular bag, but I've accepted the fact that this just comes with the territory.

ShopMom....have you considered a Barenia alternative??

For example, have you studied gold swift with white topstitch? I believe one of the resellers, luxwear, has or had one up....up close, gold swift with white topstitch favors barenia very very closely.

Another alternative, which looks like barenia from afar but not upclose BUT is still a gorgeous look is gold clemence or togo. Pair that with toile and it's a great look too....although not as close as Swift.

hmmmmmm........well, given that I'm less than 2-weeks away from a side-trip to Alaska, I might have to hold out and see what pops up there.....KWIM????????