Togo v Clemence v Chevre

i have a birkin in togo leather and was told that the togo is scratch resitant compared to the cherve. the togo leather is also a much heavier leather so you might want to keep that in mind. the reason i bought it in this leather is first, i have 2 young boys who are armed with crayons, pens or whatever they find so i have to have a good leather. second, i carry it with me everyday on the train to work so you can only imagine the abuse my bag goes through on a daily basis. i hope this helps.....

Chevre will always run a few hundred dollars more than Togo or Clemence and is more lightweight. It's also quite durable. Between Togo and Clemence. Togo has a slightly stiffer feel and puffier grain, while Clemence is softer with a flatter grain and will sluch more over time. HTH! :smile:

Greentea said:
Clemence is softer with a flatter grain and will sluch more over time. HTH! :smile:

ugh, I don't like slouch. I wonder if there's a way to keep my kelly from slouching short of just leaving it in the box. I definitely don't stuff it with junk when I'm using it.

Yep, clemence is very slouchy. I personally like mine to have more structure. I dont think I'll be buying clemence anymore in the near future.

Chevre is also quite worry free imo. I dont really baby my kelly and so far it's fine.

I think my most fav leathers are box and chevre. I so wanna try chamonix~!

I know box is not for everyone with the prone stratch and so, but I just :heart: the structure it brings to the bag and not to mention the beautiful sheen of the leather.

Chamonix is really lovely but I really prefer Box because of that unmistakable glow. Nothing is quite as alluring as black Box calf!

Anyone know why Togo has that sweet, intoxicating scent? I wish I knew exactly what Hermes does to produce all these leathers.

I was wondering if any of the leathers were ok to take in the rain or should you never take any of them out in inclement weather? When I get my Kelly (DH said when he gets his year end bonus. :yahoo: So most likely around Christmas, I hope!) I am hoping to use it all the time but it rains here a lot. Any suggestions? :amuse:

Reactions: BirdieK