Today was the BEST DAY EVER!

1. So there has been a lot of sadness and harsh thoughts on the forum lately (I am pry at fault for some myself...I am a bit hard headed...) and I thought I would share some of the most recent life lessons with all of you! Take what I say however you want; apply it to your own life, or forget about it, you won't hurt my feelings!

So, I haven't been shy about how things have been for me lately. I am a 28 year old Mom to a newly turned 5 year old and last week I had to travel for 6 days/5 nights for work. It was my birthday and I was SO sad that I was not home. The week prior to that, all the stress from work just boiled over and my poor DH got all of it. I was glad he let me come home that night! :push: (It took a week and a half, but last night I finally said I was sorry. I told him that might not ever happen again...I can own up to everything at my job, but with my DH, it doesn't ever get that bad...)

I had rolled out project after project beginning in December of last year, with one final HUGE project rolliing out last week. I have a new boss who was not familiar with our process, so everything (training and policies, all of it) was on my shoulders to complete. And I refuse to half-ass anything.

Now let me pause for a minute. Not many people I know like to go to a job every day, and if I had my way, I'd stay at home, but we need my income, so for me if I can't put in 110% then it wasn't worth it to be away from my son. So I work to death some days. By choice.

So Friday I finally reached the end of our big project at work! I could not believe that we SURVIVED, we actually reached our goal! I never thought I'd see the day...and I stood in the middle of this huge conference room alone and just cried and cried. It all came out then; the relief, the fear, the conquer, all of it. It felt great!

Today was the best day I have had in two months...I was able to go to work today knowing that the hard part was over and now it is just adjustment time as my staff and I work through our new processes. (I should also mention that I am a new supervisor, never done it before...still haven't had formal management training and am just flying by the seat of my pants trying to mold myself using the experiences of far, so good...I think!)

So, I know that putting this in words does really no justice for the things I have gone through in the last couple months (and the many trips into the depth's of despair!) but you know what, I MADE IT, and I never thought I could say that I did.

At the end of all of this, I want to share a few things that I have learned over the last few weeks.

1. Family is most important. Life is too short, so make the time to spend with them.
    2. Say SORRY and admit when you do wrong, especially with your DH or PHH or SO or BF or GF or whatever.
    3. Just know right now, it would not be life if it weren't happy and sad all in one hour, and I am so sorry for anyone who is going through anything rough right now. I PROMISE, you just need to accept that things are bad but know that it will get better. IT HAS TO.
    4. Ladies, Gent's, have FAITH in yourself. You can't get through anything unless you have yourself in check. Sometimes it takes the inspiration from others (children, friends, co-workers, strangers...) That is ok!
    5. JUST BELIEVE. Believe in you and believe that you are a ROCK STAR! You are a human with raw freaking emotions that are either raging proudly on the outside or quietly on the inside! YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS.

Good luck to all of you who are hurting now, or who are searching for something or are just barely hanging on! I pray for everyone here, as many of you have also been there for me, and I thank all of you for that! This is a place that is so special and so different and so comforting!

Let's keep up the great work! HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!
  2. Great post. Uplifting to read! :heart:
  3. I read yours too...I hope that you get your job! I will be thinking of you this week!
  4. Congrats! Great job and great advice.
  5. You're a doll. Thanks so much. :heart:
  6. So how about anyone else? Got great "life lesson's learned" to share?
  7. Great post, thanks for sharing :smile:
  8. Glad to hear you're having a great day. I read your thread last week when you were feeling bad about leaving your family. It's great you've accomplished those big projects and a big weight has lifted off your shoulders. It's good to cry it all out sometimes. I know it makes me feel better when I'm having a hard time. *HUGS* to you. Your post was very motivational. And yes, we all are humans with emotions...and it's okay to let those feelings out. It's alway so important to apologize when we're in the wrong. I've learned that the hard way. I've also learned that no matter how tough life gets, life is always good as long as I have my family with me. And it sounds like you have a great family behind you.:smile:
  9. Words to live by--thanks for sharing the positive outcome of a stressful time for you. It's hard enough being a mom, even harder being a working mom.
  10. I'm happy to read it all turned out for the best! Congrats on your new position, you sound like you are one of the few to be able to rock as a leader! Thanks for the inspiration.
  11. Wonderful read-I certainly needed it! Perspective is so important when things are rough and tough and sometimes it eludes me/us. Thanks!
  12. It is so good to know that there are people out there that I can share with. It makes it so much easier to get through my day! Thank you!
  13. I am trying to be a great leader, I never was great at that when I was younger, so I think that is what makes me want to succeed even more...thanks to all of you for allowing me a place to come to, no matter my opinion! Thank God for all of you!
  14. I'm so glad I read this tonight. I have so much work ahead of me in the coming weeks. At times I feel like there is NO WAY I can get everything done on deadline. I had a very productive day yesterday and then just didn't get too much done today.

I recently went back to school and sometimes I think: I made a mistake. I'm too old. I can't do it.

You really made me feel like I should just keep going. So thank you for sharing your experience.
    Congratulations on your accomplishments. Enjoy it!
  15. Congratulations on a job well done!!! The PF ROCKS!!