Today Show talks about classic bags...

1. Was watching the Today Show this morning and they talked about classic bags that are worth investing in.

Mentioned were:

Gucci - Jackie O
    Louis Vuitton - Speedy
    Chanel - 2.55 ?? (Sorry, I'm not that familiar w/ Chanel so didn't quite catch the style)
    Hermes - Birkin or Kelly

Here is the link to the video:

Was kind of excited as I have a Gucci Jackie O bag!!
  2. Interesting. I like that in addition to mentioning the classic bags, she mentioned having a bag that makes a bold statement. She also wasn't into "it" bags.
  3. that was really interesting. i have the vintage gucci doctor/speedy bag. so maybe it's a combo of the classic gucci and lv speedy? lol

i think i'm going to buy that book. it looks really interesting. thx for posting! so informative! :biggrin:
  4. You're welcome! I thought it was interesting, too! Now I think I might have to check out that Chanel bag - very pretty! I better start saving now :smile:
  5. i just got that book from amazon! it's pretty cute. has some good advice, but mainly i love the illustrations! definitely saving for my classic chanel ;)
  6. Thanks for the info! I have many classic vintage Gucci that my Mom passed on to me. I get lots of compliments.

7. Thanks for posting. I enjoyed it. It mirrors how I have been trying to build my collection...more classics than trendy. I love the older Gucci styles more than I have liked anything new they have put out the last few years. And I think the Chanel classic flaps have been my best investments as they have risen in market value due to never going on sale and constant price increases over the years. I also liked that she made the comment about style not being limited to size 8 and less.

I agree with her on staple pieces you should have...the only thing I think she missed is a nice suit jacket which can be dressed down with jeans or up with a skirt or slacks.
  8. :shame:

sorry for bringing this thread up... but i just wanted to say YES - I read an article last night that said the same things about these bags... I have no idea what a Jackie O bag is... :shame: so thats why I'm here... here to learn a bit more GUCCI :graucho:
  9. Wow! I have 3 of the 4 bags. I'll probably never own an hermes.
  10. I personally love Tim Gunns list of must have items, which I do believe includes a basic black jacket.
  11. I only have 2 from that list (Chanel classic flap and LV Speedy). Next and lastly, hopefully, is a Kelly.
  12. Thanks for posting. I love that trench coat. Is it Burberry?
  13. Is there a trick to finding the video? And what book?
  14. The link doesn't seem to be working for me either :sad: Maybe I'll try youtube ...
  15. Thanks for posting!