Computers & Electronics

Today is the day. Samsung Galaxy S3 announced!

Charles Posted By Charles Posted May 3, 2012

1. I played with my friends phone today, and thought it was cool. I am definitely thinking about picking it up but think I will hold out until I can compare it to the new iPhone.

2. Except that the GS3 has a HD resolution screen, a faster processor, more memory, LTE...yeah...why upgrade?

3. Yes, but the HD resolution screen is not that much different given the screen is only on a phone. The processor is better but, then again, not by that much and the same with memory. I am not saying it is not better - merely that it is not 'that much' better.

4. Im interested in this phone! Cant wait to see in person :smile:

5. Aarrgghh!!! I couldn't pre order coz I can't upgrade til July 1! But that's OK, it's only around the corner.

For those of you getting one, you planning to root it?

6. Gonna root and flash a new ROM the day I get it. :smile:

7. Oh yes. I will root.

8. I'm trying to find another home screen; I'm tired of the one I have. There's so many to choose from out there tho I get overwhelmed!

Just two more weeks and I can finally get mine!!!

9. I Pre-ordered this phone for my son and it's supposed to be in tomorrow. I can't wait to play with it. I debated whether to get one for myself or the iPhone. I went w/the iPhone, but then I talked my son into getting the Galaxy III. This way I can play with both of them!:biggrin:

10. :tdown:Sprint bumped the release date for the Galaxy back 1-2 weeks! They don't event have a new date yet!:sad:

(now THAT'S something that rarely happens with the iPhone!;))

11. That's for the retail release. AT&T did the same thing. However, preorders will be fulfilled. I confirmed that my new Galaxy S3 is waiting for me when I get home. :smile:
    I don't think the carriers expected this much of a demand, but it's not that much different from the first iPhone releases. There were plenty of people turned away after stock was depleted.

*edit*

Are you saying your preorder was pushed back too?

*edit 2*

Engadget says Sprint preorders not affected.
    http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/20/sprint-galaxy-s-iii-delay/

12. Yup!
    It was supposed to be in yesterday - the first time I called, they said 1-2 weeks, but didn't have exact information. I called back later and talked to someone else, and they said they should be in today. So I called this morning, and they said they're still waiting. I Pre-orderd mine through Sprint through Best Buy. They're usually pretty good about having things on release day, etc. (I wasn't planning on changing phone carriers, etc - it was all pretty spontaneous - but I got myself an iPhone and Pre-ordered/reserved the Galaxy III for my son)

They said the shipment they're waiting for are the phones that were Pre-ordered and are reserved. They said Sprint won't have phones for them to put on sale to the general public for a few more weeks.

13. Yeah...I think the preorder guarantee only applies when you order it through the carrier. Sucks.

14. I need it ASAP !!

15. Mine came in today. I am already using it. Love this phone!!!