To those who got the new vernis cles

1. From the way it looks on line it is decent size, maybe 1 and 1/2 the size of the older vernis cles?
    So my questions are:

1/ Can you still use it as a 'charm' dangling outside your bag or is it too big for that now?
    (I have a Speedy 30 and I want to get a new cles so I am just wondering about how it would look).

2/ I might also decide to use it as a key holder. I'm sure the ring is too small for my keys but I read somewhere on the forum that small rings can be used for each and every key. Does anyone have any idea where to get those small rings?

3/ This would be my first vernis purchase and I hear from TPFers that it scraches easily etc... So, how fragile is it? And what makes it scratch? Is the daily, usual use too much?
    I'm not one who babies my bags but I guess I'm a gentle user...

4/ Last not least, what would be a nice color with a Mini Lin ebene? Amarante, pomme or violet?

Thank you for reading:flowers:

2. First, the new cles is a great size! And I've used it outside of both a speedy 30 and 25 and I think it looks just fine. In fact I got compliments on the pomme cles hanging off of my cerises speedy.

I haven't tried it as a key holder, but I'm pretty sure that would work, but if you wanted to clip it on something the keys might slip off at that point.

I haven't had a problem with scratches, but I would worry about keys. I try and keep them separate from my wallet inside my bag. I think it's pretty durable and really love vernis.

Finally go try them with your bag, but I vote POMME! Or as a second choice, violette.

3. I think Vernis is really durable it doesn't scratch that easily I've been using mine as a bag charm I love thsi cles they chain is different from the other style overall it's a really pretty piece

You could try a craft store for the keyrings

4. I think it is a great size to use for both a charm or a small wallet type thing. I think it is pretty durable but would also worry about keys.

5. I found split rings in many sizes at a fishing tackle store. I was so happy to find them in a smaller size for my dog's tags! The 1/2" size I bought ten years ago were meant for marlin tackle! The dog's tags stay firmly on the ring now. They are all used up now, time to go back for more. They make terrific rings for the Roman blinds in my windows as well - the plastic ones break after a couple years.

6. pomme goes great w/ the mini lin. the vernis line is very durable but fingerprints and smudges are the main issue, oh and pen marks are a nightmare!

7. Thank you all, that is helpful :smile:

8. Oooh I just got back from LV, and was checking out the new vernis cles for my new mini lin ebene too! I was also debating if it's too big, and it is a little bit but still looks good. The older size is perfect, but I love the new bigger one.

As for colour, they would all look good on ebene! Pick your fave colour :smile:

9. I just bought this in the violet!!! My first LV purchase!!!!! Yay!! I personally think it's too big to hang as a charm on the Speedy 25, it would look better on the 30 or 35....I was really torn between the violet and the pomme. I LOVE the pomme but I normally don't wear colours that loud so I decided to go with the violet. Plus my SA said it's a seasonal color so it's more limited I guess?

10. I have one in violette!

1/ Can you still use it as a 'charm' dangling outside your bag or is it too big for that now?
    (I have a Speedy 30 and I want to get a new cles so I am just wondering about how it would look).
    Yes, I used it on my speedy mini lin ebene (great colour match!) and on my neverfull.

2/ I might also decide to use it as a key holder. I'm sure the ring is too small for my keys but I read somewhere on the forum that small rings can be used for each and every key. Does anyone have any idea where to get those small rings?
    crafts store? Where they sell beads and stuff?

3/ This would be my first vernis purchase and I hear from TPFers that it scraches easily etc... So, how fragile is it? And what makes it scratch? Is the daily, usual use too much?
    I'm not one who babies my bags but I guess I'm a gentle user...
    I have to disagree on this one! I have a pomme ludlow for a year now, used it all year round and it had no scratches at all. You can easily remove dirt too.

4/ Last not least, what would be a nice color with a Mini Lin ebene? Amarante, pomme or violet?
    Violette :yahoo:

11. POMME!!!!! I just got a Pomme in Vegas yesterday

12. I think that it would look cute as a charm. I use my pomme heart as a charm, so I've never tried it, but I'm sure that it would look awesome.

I have a pomme heart, pomme zippy and the new larger cles. I've had the zippy and the heart for about a year and they are very durable. I am not super careful with my things.... not careless, but not careful. I just throw my zippy inside my bag and it has never gotten scratched, color transfer or anything.

Out of all of the three, I am partial to Pomme. It is so gorgeous. The violet is cute, but I'm not really a purple person. Amarante is also gorgeous, but the fingerprints turned me off. Maybe on a less fingerprinty person. :smile:

13. Kareberry - Congrats on your first LV purchase, you've got a very cute first :smile:

Colleen, Pinkgoldfish, Diorgrl thanks for the info I am going to take my Speedy to the store to try and see what to get :yahoo:

Beljwl - What a great souvenir to get from Vegas! Hope you had a great trip!!

Thanks again:heart:

14. I just got one in the pomme yesterday. It's my first vernis piece, but I'm taking the advice of the gals on here. I'm sure it will hold up very well. I debated between the pomme and the amarante, but I was turned off by the fingerprints on the amarante. They ended up covering the cles by the time I was done looking at it.

15. The new cles is a great size. I like it much better than the original one. And I think Pomme would go best with all the bags by LV.