to the ladies whose SO's so graciously buy them LV for special occasions...

With my bf, it's been a combination of hints (always talk about the bags I want and show him pics on this forum) resulting in surprises, and visiting LV with him to buy me a present. For my bday last year he pretended to be poor from bad investments in the stock market so I didn't expect much (hoped for a LVOE charm which he said he wouldn't get me) and ended up getting the charm, MC bandeau and azur speedy 30. After that he got me the T&B agenda as a celebration gift for getting a job (a surprise) and the Groom bandeau because it was a rare find (I was with him). My Christmas present last year we bought together because I really wanted a pair of LV sunglasses. I have to say, I definitely prefer surprises! I love it when he sneaks to LV to buy me something and then presents me with a brown paper bag :nuts: :love:

My SO isn't usually great coming up with surprises, and a subtle hint would never land - after 16 years being married I usually have to either buy it myself or on our special dates I've usually got "I'd like X alot and it will for my B-day" if that does't work .. "and anniversary" .. no bites yets ... "and / or I'll pay half of it" - ROFL .. well that's how the heart will work for valentines if I can get one in Amarante, he thinks its a silly accessory but he offered if I pay half, ok Lol - mind you he's really good about just about anything if its a "I really really really want X" he gets it for me, he's trusted that I dont' do that unless its really true.

For Valentines, Birthday, Anniversary and Christmas I always ask for a Louis. I'm always saving for one and DH always contributes! Which I am so grateful for! So I normally get LV 4 times a year. I'm trying to build my collection before we have kids. :yes: He thinks I'm nuts for always just wanting a new purse. LOL!

i rarely hint my DH what I want from LV since I feel bad for the price tag. I save up my own dough and splurge off my wishlist. My first LV (musette tango short strap) was from him and this morning he surprised me with the Perle Nimbus GM! He was being super sly and ask my close GFs what I was wanted and of course they helped him out.

We always talk to each other about what we like. I love LV bags and he's a sneakerfreak. So he tells me all about the stuff he found, been checking out and thinking of buying while I tell him about my new discoveries or the things I might buy. The difficult thing is that LV bags costs more than sneakers. But he knows me really well and has exellent taste himself. So all his gifts (LV or not) are great!

My BF is familiar with all the labels (LV, Coach, Gucci, Prada, etc..) and would probably buy me an LV if money weren't so tight with his job at the moment. (Hopefully he will be getting a new job soon) He did splurge and buy me Coach for my Bday last weekened, so that was a pleasant surprise! :smile:
Do you guys ever feel guilty about buying yourself a high-end item? Do you hide them from your BF/DH/SO's? Or do they support the purse addiction? :smile:

My BF is familiar with all the labels (LV, Coach, Gucci, Prada, etc..) and would probably buy me an LV if money weren't so tight with his job at the moment. (Hopefully he will be getting a new job soon) He did splurge and buy me Coach for my Bday last weekened, so that was a pleasant surprise! :smile:
Do you guys ever feel guilty about buying yourself a high-end item? Do you hide them from your BF/DH/SO's? Or do they support the purse addiction? :smile:

I sometimes feel gulity for splurging on myself, but I always make myself feel better by telling myself I deserve it due to whatever reason. I don't hide the bags from my DH, but I believe I have gone beyond my normal realm in '07. I think he somewhat supports my purse addiction.

hehe, I think my BF supports it too...he will comment on my bags and actually say if he likes them or not.

I usually only splurge if its a piece I really, really want and have been obsessing over for some time, or if something good happens and I want to 'treat' myself a bit. :smile: And I always use my bags, I don't buy them and let them sit in a closet..

BacardiGirl said:

He supports my LV addiction to 100% and I support his sneaker addiction :shame: