to keep or not to keep?

1. this is my first red bag ever. it is really really red and i am pretty excited. i've never carried anything this bold in color and poppy before. i really like the city size and i do like the GSH. the leather feels kind of thin. is it due to all the 'distressing' and 'dyeing'?
  2. well it'd depends. do you like it? because if you do then keep it. if you feel that you shld get something better then sell it and get another!
  3. some leathers feel thinner than others on balenciagas. my vert d'eau has thinner but silkier leather than my ocean & sandstone, which have thicker/smooshier leather. i think what matters is if the bag is soft or not. if it is thin and dry then i say send it back for another. i always want for my bbags to be soft right off the bat!

color wise, if it is something you can see yourself carrying i would def. keep it :yes: if it's not something you'll use alot then i would say dont keep it - i think these bags are too expensive to leave sitting around or to only use a handful of times.
  4. thank you both for feedback. the bag is soft and thin, but not dry. i am just worried that it might wear out soon. when i use bags, i use them a lot. i had a marshmellow vernis wallet and i used it for the past 3 years, everyday. the wax coating on the sides came off after they started cracking etc and LV wouldn't repair it. :sad:
  5. Keep, keep, keep!!!! OMG! :nuts: That bag is a total show stopper!!! :heart::heart:
  6. yes it is. that's why i got it :smile: thank you. :graucho:
  7. I think you should keep it. It is truly gorgeous. Congrats!!
  8. Wow. I LOVE it. Its stunning.

But it doesn't matter what we think really even though your asking our opinion. If you yourself don't see yourself using it and are not 100% happy, then its a sale.
  9. I love the red! So pretty!
  10. keep it,pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  11. OMG!!! that bag is TDF!!!!! I adore it, definetly a keeper.....btw my tomato first leather is a bit thinner than some of my others too, but the color is too great too pass up
  12. It is beautiful but if you want a bag to stand up to really hard use long term I am not sure that Balenciaga are the ones to choose.
  13. It's gorgeous! Keep it!!
  14. definately a keeper! WOW!!!!!:graucho::drool::drool::drool:
  15. ooooh! I am not thattt particular on the leathers of the bbags but I have a rouge (the fellow tPFers said it's tomato) city from this season and the leather is a little dry and thicker than usual with barely any veins. I've kept it and have not used it yet, but have taken out a few times to oogle at its beauty. Now the more I take it out, the more veins the bag gets and it's not as dry as it seems anymore! I'm loving it more and more.

I have the Greige city bag from last F/W and the leather is thin and silky soft! I used it sooo much it's worn out on the handles but the leather's sooo swooshy and veiny now that I FEEL IT'S THE TRUE BALENCIAGA BEAUTY.

The more you use it, the better it gets! Don't think too much of 'retaining its original beauty' because (just like vuitton's patina leather, the older the better) the more seasoned the bags, the more its beauty is revealed.