To Have and to Hold....Why the Fendi Spy is here to stay.

1. I've just joined the purse forum and I noticed a lot of interesting discussion and debate on the lasting appeal of the Spy Bag. Like many of you, it took me a while to fall in love with the Spy and even longer to finally justify the cost to buy one.
    I am a self confessed bag addict & a bit of a bag snob. In the past, I have invested in the Prada Bowling Bag, the Balenciaga Larait, the YSL Mombasa, the Bottega Classic, the Chanel 2.55 the Chloe Silverado, and the Chloe Python Betty. All fabulous and all confirmed classics that I still wear with pride and wouldn't think of letting go of. Recently, I happily added the Fendi Spy to my collection..
    Why did I wait so long? I was hesitant at first, and quite frankly, not convinced, but now that I have one, I don't know how I lived without it. The thing is the more you look at them & study them the more you love them, and after looking at all the new Fall 2006 bags showcased at Barneys, Saks, Bergdorf's and Jeffery's on a recent shopping trip to NYC, ironically the Fendi Spy came out on top. It's texture & shape adds warmth & texture to this falls grey and sombre tones, and when I'm feeling less than perfect, I know that when I'm wearing it all attention will be on it, not me and I'll feels good and soothed every time I touch the buttery soft leather or notice a fixated stare.
    And I suppose that's what makes the Fendi Spy a classic bag...the fact that after 18th months, it can convert a non-believer, stand head and shoulders above the competition and still have that "pulling power" to make us all reach for the wallet. A classic bag is something that brings ultimate happiness to the person holding it and quite honestly, I don't care if the "NicoleLindseyBeyonceVictoriaParisKates" of this world are carrying something else this week. In fact, I prefer it, as it just makes the Spy more exclusive and special. Love it or hate it, the Spy is here to stay.
  2. Well said!!! I AGREE!!!:smile:
  3. I agree with you. I have been in love with this bag forever.
  4. I totally agree with you! Welcome to the PF!!! Please show us pics
  5. Amen!!!!:angel:
  6. That was loverly!
  7. I totally second that. Welcome to the forum!
  8. So agree - its a classic!:yes:
  9. what color did you end up buying??
  10. I fell in love with it too!!
  11. Well said!!!! :wlae:
  12. Absolutely!! You are so right!
  13. Hear Hear!! That speech was made to the right bunch of folks!!! Welcome...can we see pics of the lovely Spy bag???
  14. I purchased a black one & I love. Pictures on the way soon!
  15. AMEN, AMEN, AMEN!!!!

I'm also a spy newbie and bought mine i black as well! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: