To buy..or not to buy...

1. Ok...so I was in the Coach store the other day. I saw this bag the Strip Large Straw Basket...
    http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=9249&category_id=68
    I put it on...its HUGE. But I still love it. The only reason im really weary about is because of the closure. It would be so easy for someone to just reach in and grab my wallet or any of my other things. Does anyone have this bag?? What do you think about it?? Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance!

2. I had a Coach straw basket and stuff was always falling out of my purse. It looks cute but didn't work for me.

3. I put this in another thread...but I thought it might be better placed here.
    Ok...so I was in the Coach store the other day. I saw this bag the Strip Large Straw Basket...
    http://www.coach.com/content/product...tegory_id =68
    I put it on...its HUGE. But I still love it. The only reason im really weary about is because of the closure. It would be so easy for someone to just reach in and grab my wallet or any of my other things. Does anyone have this bag?? What do you think about it?? Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance!

4. I agree with Cindi, my stuff would fall out if it was knocked over. The only suggestion might be to buy a Chameleon insert, a large one, to 'hold' your personal things more securely.

5. ...I don't know.....there's a lot going on with that bag. Whatever your wardrobe choice would be, it would have to be pretty simple, in my humble opinion.

6. I'd like to get a Kooba Natasha but am resisting for the same reason. It has a close over tab but I am afraid everything would come out the sides. I have alot of little items I carry.

7. I dont have this bag so I cant really help with your question but it is a really cute bag. I have other totes and I just make sure not to carry them if I am going somewhere thats really crowded where I could potentially be pick pocketed. Would the opening come up right under your arm while on your shoulder? If thats the case I wouldnt think it would be very easy for someone to reach in there.

8. I lost a cell phone to a purse with a close over tab once, and I completely forgot all about that aspect of the bag. So.....there, you go! Not exactly for me.

9. i think no!

10. I just looked at it again and I see that the strap drop is only 10 inches so I guess you cant get it on your shoulder? If you click the "try it on" link on Coachs site it doesnt give the option to see the model with it on her shoulder. It only shows it in the hand. If thats the case, if you wear it on the crook of your arm you could position it to hang in the front of your body so you can keep an eye on it. If you hold it in your hand I wouldnt think it would be too easy for anyone to get in there... they would have to bend over and that would be a little obvious. Hope that gives you some different ideas... just my opinions :smile:

11. It's a wide open easter basket. I would be worried about my wallet - or tripping and losing everything - or breaking too hard in the car and watching all my stuff fall under the seat. For me a zipper or flap is a must.

12. I have this years straw bag without the stripe in the Grass color and although the top is open I have learned to keep my wallet and Ipod and phone well hidden in the bottom , My Ipod is in a wristlet I have looped on the inside and my wallet is underneath my huge makeup bag , I am always aware of my purse when I carry the open top ones :ninja: I would probaly break someone arm if they tried to reach into my purse (I have the straw basket from 04 and 05 and they bith have open tops ) and YOu can always keep your wallet in the big inner pocket ( I assume it has one , the Grass color does )

I hope this helps

13. I got the smaller one during PCE. It's still in the box. It is a more managable size.

14. Not practical, if you want to keep stuff, imo.

15. I had to merge this thread and one for Macy's codes because you posted them twice. . . please only post a topic one time.
    Thanks!