To all new Victorine Wallet owners

Thankss :smile: It looks like I'm either going for the RB or with my fuchsia and hoping for the best (stock availability lol). Then there's the compact curieuse.

I returned my compact curieuse in cerise last year for two reasons. 1. I had glazing issues (maybe a lemon) and 2. The wallet was too squishy. It didn't seem durable to me. I returned it and ended up purchasing the Chanel L Zip wallet. But the RB is gorg! I've seen a few YT videos on it. It was tempting for me when I first became interested in the Victorine.

Reactions: Cnelson12 and iykyk
I returned my compact curieuse in cerise last year for two reasons. 1. I had glazing issues (maybe a lemon) and 2. The wallet was too squishy. It didn't seem durable to me. I returned it and ended up purchasing the Chanel L Zip wallet. But the RB is gorg! I've seen a few YT videos on it. It was tempting for me when I first became interested in the Victorine.
Good to know!! I've heard the same about how soft (too soft) empreinte leather is for a wallet. I'm a structured leather goods kinda gal (structured bag, wallets, everything haha). I'll go for a new replacement victorine then, now just colour choice to make :biggrin:

Thanks for sharing! That's great to hear. To be honest I'm really being tempted by the RB, seeing how so princessy pretty it is. I'm not the type (or want to be stressed by) babying my wallets either. If I get the RB i'll get it straight away as opposed to waiting for the maybe available fuchsia one..

You should get the RB! I love my little Rosalie and have never once regretted getting it. I do love the Victorian as well, but I actually prefer being able to fold my bills in half. The Compact Curieuse is on my radar as well...in black! I saw it last week and it's so beautiful. Good luck on your RB wallet, hope your wait is not too long!

Drat! I am now editing this because I just read the comment that the empriente leather is too squishy. Hmmm, something to think about for sure!

Reactions: iykyk
You should get the RB! I love my little Rosalie and have never once regretted getting it. I do love the Victorian as well, but I actually prefer being able to fold my bills in half. The Compact Curieuse is on my radar as well...in black! I saw it last week and it's so beautiful. Good luck on your RB wallet, hope your wait is not too long!

Drat! I am now editing this because I just read the comment that the empriente leather is too squishy. Hmmm, something to think about for sure!
Yea so now i'm tossing between RB and fuchsia haha. The Victorine serves all my need. Granted it's not a full size wallet but it's got just the right amount of slots (for me :biggrin:) for minimalistic days and bags, beside my full size Lady Dior wallet.
Rereading your previous post, Im just wondering how easy/hard for the RB button to get dirty..do you find yourself cleaning it every now and then?
The amount of knowledge and experience combined on tpf is impeccable! This is such a great platform for us purse lovers.

Yea so now i'm tossing between RB and fuchsia haha. The Victorine serves all my need. Granted it's not a full size wallet but it's got just the right amount of slots (for me :biggrin:) for minimalistic days and bags, beside my full size Lady Dior wallet.
Rereading your previous post, Im just wondering how easy/hard for the RB button to get dirty..do you find yourself cleaning it every now and then?
The amount of knowledge and experience combined on tpf is impeccable! This is such a great platform for us purse lovers.

I honestly don't baby my things, but I don't throw them around either. My philosophy is to use my items and hope for the best that they don't get too dirty/beat up. I mean, I did buy to use, right?

No, I have never used anything to clean my bags/SLGs ever. Call me paranoid, but I just don't do it. Moving onto your question: what's funny is I catch myself closing the button by pushing it in on both of the sides, at the same time, not touching the actual button itself. I hope that makes sense. Maybe that is why the button looks pristine. :smile: Hey, it's been 6 months and shows no wear and tear...

Thanks for the intel on the PN. How do you find your Victorine holding up especially with the folding of the leather? And may I ask what colour did you get?

The compact PN is the exact same layout of the victorine, the only difference being a gusset at the coin compartment. The gusset had glazing as well which when I looked sideways from the left, I did not like all that black glazing on the beautiful red leather (I would have only picked it up in red and not black). In my opinion it was not symmetrical and I did not like the number of black lines I saw (glazing looked like hot chocolate applied all over lol) I much prefer the glazing concept on canvases, and on leather I'd like it if the individual piece structure were symmetrical.

PFB the pic of PN which I took from tPF. Credit to the owner. See what I mean...also notice the bulge.
IMG_1476680277.457458.jpg

When I mean a leather piece which is symmetrical I mean something like this below.
IMG_1476680334.927960.jpg

All these are just personal preferences. But I'm sharing with you because I did a lot of research on both before I decided on the victorine. And I chose the WT one. I preferred the gold button and felt it appropriate as I'll be using that wallet for travel. Here is mine.
IMG_1476680484.110965.jpg
IMG_1476680497.846289.jpg
IMG_1476680511.348476.jpg
IMG_1476680522.313803.jpg

As for the RB color, some people don't place their finger directly on the button while opening or closing. This helps. I've also seen one you tuber who applies clear nail polish to the button to avoid color transfer. She says it works and doesn't have any issue till now with all her RB pieces! Just a suggestion. The fuchsia is truly a beautiful color against the monogram and makes the gold lettering pop. The RB wouldn't be a pop, but it's a very beautiful color in itself.

Sorry for the very looooong post. HTH! [emoji4]

The compact PN is the exact same layout of the victorine, the only difference being a gusset at the coin compartment. The gusset had glazing as well which when I looked sideways from the left, I did not like all that black glazing on the beautiful red leather (I would have only picked it up in red and not black). In my opinion it was not symmetrical and I did not like the number of black lines I saw (glazing looked like hot chocolate applied all over lol) I much prefer the glazing concept on canvases, and on leather I'd like it if the individual piece structure were symmetrical.

PFB the pic of PN which I took from tPF. Credit to the owner. See what I mean...also notice the bulge.
View attachment 3495232

When I mean a leather piece which is symmetrical I mean something like this below.
View attachment 3495234

All these are just personal preferences. But I'm sharing with you because I did a lot of research on both before I decided on the victorine. And I chose the WT one. I preferred the gold button and felt it appropriate as I'll be using that wallet for travel. Here is mine.
View attachment 3495237
View attachment 3495238
View attachment 3495239
View attachment 3495240

As for the RB color, some people don't place their finger directly on the button while opening or closing. This helps. I've also seen one you tuber who applies clear nail polish to the button to avoid color transfer. She says it works and doesn't have any issue till now with all her RB pieces! Just a suggestion. The fuchsia is truly a beautiful color against the monogram and makes the gold lettering pop. The RB wouldn't be a pop, but it's a very beautiful color in itself.

Sorry for the very looooong post. HTH! [emoji4]

Wow thanks for going at length to keep me informed and sharing about your experience and research! Ive decided to go for the fuchsia replacement Victorine (same colour). Ive found the Victorine a great compact yet functional and and beautiful wallet! Now begins the wait...im thinking if its really out of stock i'll go for the RB, but my preferred choice will be fuchsia. Youre right, it really makes the monogram and gold letters pop!
My rationale for not choosing the rb is because im carrying my neverfull in DE (with red lining) almost everyday. Im also planning to get a lady dior in black lambskin (also with a gorgeous red lining interior). So it will be my sorta permanent mini wallets for small bags.

Wow thanks for going at length to keep me informed and sharing about your experience and research! Ive decided to go for the fuchsia replacement Victorine (same colour). Ive found the Victorine a great compact yet functional and and beautiful wallet! Now begins the wait...im thinking if its really out of stock i'll go for the RB, but my preferred choice will be fuchsia. Youre right, it really makes the monogram and gold letters pop!
My rationale for not choosing the rb is because im carrying my neverfull in DE (with red lining) almost everyday. Im also planning to get a lady dior in black lambskin (also with a gorgeous red lining interior). So it will be my sorta permanent mini wallets for small bags.

No problem dear. Yes, I think it's an absolutely great decision you have made! I'd also be weary of red lining against lighter colours. Also I have an Adele wallet in fuchsia so I know how gorgeous that colour looks against the monogram. It makes the wallet look very classy and luxurious. If not for the world tour Id have picked up the victorine in the RB only because I would not want to be repetitive with the colors. I'm not so keen on matchy matchy. But that's just me.

You should get yours soon. A month ago when I had called the stores hear in India only fuchsia was available. RB was sold like hot cakes. So I'm sure it'll be easy for your SA to find it. All the best! [emoji106]And do keep us posted [emoji4]

Actually they also said the wrinkling of the leather is due to the leather softening over time and it's inevitable..i found that kinda unacceptable since it looks distorted that way and other areas of the wallet..

I've had a look and there's no wallet available in the Asia Pacific region..the manager also advised me of that. Besides I do prefer classic designs to seasonals.

I had no issues with slots, they loosened up with continuous use and were fine for mine. Hopefully the replacement Victorine won't be dead tight haha. Yea the PN opens up completely as well and im seriously tempted. I'm just a bit bumped out that I may have to pay the retail price as I paid duty free price for my Victorine, picking it up before i travelled back then.

Reallly? I couldnt find the WT victorine on the Australia/NZ website :sad: maybe it's not available here then. The manager also told me she doesnt see any new wallet coming out anytime soon except the PN. I'm not sure about the PN's design to be honest, but the compact curieuse looks pretty to me.
I called LV last night to ask them about a few items and currently the victorine in the WT is sold out and they said they don't think they will be making anymore. plus there is a huge waitlist for it :sad:

No problem dear. Yes, I think it's an absolutely great decision you have made! I'd also be weary of red lining against lighter colours. Also I have an Adele wallet in fuchsia so I know how gorgeous that colour looks against the monogram. It makes the wallet look very classy and luxurious. If not for the world tour Id have picked up the victorine in the RB only because I would not want to be repetitive with the colors. I'm not so keen on matchy matchy. But that's just me.

You should get yours soon. A month ago when I had called the stores hear in India only fuchsia was available. RB was sold like hot cakes. So I'm sure it'll be easy for your SA to find it. All the best! [emoji106]And do keep us posted [emoji4]
Thanks, my SA is amazing; she emailed me today and will keep me updated once she's received stock status in LV warehouse in singapore (apparently the only warehouse for all Asia Pacific LV stores - so she says it's quite full on there). Yea my Victorine is the only fuchsia interior wallet i've got. If I was to get another SLG (6 key holder im looking at you), or ZCP, i won't hesitate to go for RB ;) Yep will keep you all posted.

I called LV last night to ask them about a few items and currently the victorine in the WT is sold out and they said they don't think they will be making anymore. plus there is a huge waitlist for it :sad:
Oh no..sorry to hear that! My SA says she doesn't know if they'll be making any more Victorine either. Im not surprised with the waitlist since it's such a beautiful & functional piece! Hope you can find sth else that works!

Reactions: Cnelson12
I've got a happy update:
I emailed the boutique manager this morning to follow up on the status of my replacement Victorine (in fuchsia). She came back quickly saying they should be receiving it today from the warehouse, and will courier it to me tomorrow. She will give me an update on ETA once she's couriered it. I'm super excited! Thank you all lovely ladies for encouraging me to send it back in the first place! Highly recommend the Auckland Queens St store as well, their customer service is impeccable!

Reactions: Cnelson12
I went to Paris Champs Elysees store and got the Victorite wallet in fushia and I love it! I have the Sarah wallet and wanted a compact wallet. Love the bright color too!

Sent from my SM-G930V using PurseForum mobile app

Yay!! That's indeed happy news! Thanks to your tip, I'm keeping my bills more to the left, avoiding the flap area. I'm currently traveling and love using this wallet. So happy for you![emoji8]
Happy travelling :smile: glad the tip works for you. Yes the news came back actually way earlier than anticipated. The manager told me it could take up to 2 weeks or more depending on stock status but now's only 1 week after they received my old one.