To All my Coachies who LOVE DISNEYLAND!!!

1. Mods please fell free to move this thread.
    I know a lo tof you girlies go to Disneyland. I haven't been there in years so I don't know what's around there what hotel is the closest so if any of you could help that would be awesome thanks!!!!!! :tup:

2. There are really a lot of Hotels near by. It depends on what kind of Hotel you are looking at. The park itself has 3 I believe, I have never stayed at them (they are a little on the pricey side at times), there are also a TON of good neighbor hotels, I believe there is a list on the disneyland website.

When are you looking at going to Disneyland??

I found the link to the Good Neighbor Hotels

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/hotels/gnh/landing?name=GoodNeighborHotelsLandingPage

Hope that helps!!

3. thanks we are planning on going either in june or july.

4. How fun!!!

Right after we moved back to Illinois we went through Disneyland withdraws! We were there constantly (at least once a month). We have even had to take a few trips out there to visit Disneyland -- I mean friends ;)

5. Let's see last time I was there was when I was 12 years old!!!! I am 24 now! OK I will be 25 by the time June rolls by hehehe!! My only issue is that I want to stay at the closest hotel to the entrance because my son will be 18 months by the time we take this vacation and with toddlers my goodness I better be ready for anything kwim?

6. i'm a local so no suggestions for the hotels, sorry :sad: however: any idea which bag you're bringing yet?? :graucho:

7. June/July be ready for tons of people. I live 20 mins away so I have no need for a hotel. I plan to stay a weekend in one of the hotels just for fun someday. Besides the hotels, I can tell you where are the best places to eat and how you can avoid the long lines. I know a few tricks since I try to go at least once a week.

8. How much information do you need? We live in Northern California but go to Disneyland about 4 times a year.
    How many people are in your group?
    Do you have young children that will need to go back for naps?

I also know a website that has excellent prices for hotel/ticket combination. I do not want to break any posting rules though.

Also, you will need a swingpack they work great at Disneyland. I will be happy to give you as much information as you need. And finally, do you have to go in June/July. This is peak season, it will be hot, crowded, and hotels will be at there most expensive.

9. http://www.candycaneinn.net/overview.htm

For hotel suggestions we always stay at the Candy cane in, good prices and it's literally right next door to Disneyland. They have a free shuttle every half hour and a really nice free breakfast every morning.If you have little ones the shuttle is nice and it's definitely walkable as well. My family has season passes so we try to go at least twice a year.

10. No it does'nt have to be June/July it can after these popular months. I think it will be a party of 4 adults and 4 kids 2 kids are going to be 18months and the other 2 kids are 7 and 11. Please anything will help me out!! You gals are so awesome!!!
    As for a bag I have not decided yet. I don't own a swing pack yet so maybe I'll purchase one. I might just decide to buy a back pack so that I can carry sippy cups snacks and all that stuff.

11. With the young children I would recommend that you stay on South Harbor Blvd. This is directly across from the main entry. The walk will be the same as the Disney Resort properties, with the exception of the Grand Californian which runs about $400. a night.

I have stayed at several of the hotels on South Harbor.
    Carousel Inn & Suites: They offer several suite options that work well with small children. They have view suites in the front of the Hotel that is 3 bedrooms and a bathroom and runs about $190 depending on time of year. Although, the management is very difficult to get if there is a problem.

Anaheim Camelot Inn & Suites:
    They have a 2 bedroom suite that works well with kids. This is my sisters favorite hotel with her 3 kids. A suite is about $170 depending on time of year.

Again, a swingpack is a great option. You will not want to carry sippy cups and snacks around all day, it will get heavy. We always take drinks and snacks in the bottom of our stroller. You will also want to bring your own stroller. They do rent them in the park but that will not get you to and from your hotel.

I hope this is helpful.

12. We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel, and it was a bit of a hike to the park entrance - maybe .25 mile...but it was probably one of the funner ones to stay in with kiddos (mine were 3 and 4 at the time). DS has a ton of pics of him watching TV with Goofy! Definitely a travel stroller would be nice - though they have ones in the park to rent (which is what we did), we should have thought about bringing our Volo cuz the kids tired easily and carrying two little ones when you yourself are tired is not fun! (The stollers need to be returned before exiting the park - but were a good deal and if you did rent, you could always get another one if someone happened to walk away with yours - you just had to show your rental ticket)

For the most convenience, I would stay at the Grand Californian - one of the exits at the hotel goes right into the park! It's costly, but sometimes you can swing good deals - particularly on the off-season. The Paradise Pier is supposed to be the least expensive of the bunch - a good walk, but still close enough to the park with a stroller that it would be worth it.
    linkee to hotels: http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/home/home?name=HomePage&bhcp=1

I know you would love to bring your Coach (any of them!), but you may want to consider a messenger...backpacks have to be taken off on all the rides and the messenger will allow you to just slip the bag to the side and get in the ride! I used an overland eqipment donner and it held what we needed (sippies for the ride lines, wallet, snacks, etc.). Also, if you bring a cheapie backpack, you could probably park it in the stroller and not worry to much about getting anything stolen (coolers, blankets, etc.).

Great book: Unofficial Guide to Disneyland, updated annually
    http://www.amazon.com/Unofficial-Guide-Disneyland-2008-Guides/dp/047008961X/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1200078276&sr=8-2

ETA: Sorry, I just re-read and you were most interested in neighboring hotels! I would still check with the disney operators first - there are some really good deals if you do your research early enough...

13. Hey I remember seeing a couple Coachies with a Disneyland/World/Cruise countdown in their sig... anyone remember what I'm talking about and want to send me in the right direction as to where I can find it?!?! :flowers:

14. I was just there for the first time a couple of weeks ago. We stayed at the HOJO across the street from DL. Although it was across the street, it was a few blocks from the entrance. It was nice and it is rated by tripadvisor as the best family hotel. The best thing was that because we got the entertainment book rate of $54 a night. We stayed here because it was close and because we got a much better deal than the other hotels. We were only there two nights and did not plan to spend to much time at the hotel. I found out about the hotel on a disney forum, www.disboards.com

They have a disneyland thread about halfway down the page.

From what I recall, the tropicana and park view inn were directly across the street from the entrance gate. This site shows a map of the hotels in the area. http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/DisneylandLinkMap

Good luck and have fun!

15. sorry but what is HOJO?