Tips on making yourself look older?

LOL, is it really an asian thing? Because I am asian. ITA about the 50's+ pervs near bus stops... and if they're with another person they talk about me and I can hear what they say.

I looked very old in my high school graduation photo, however, but the makeup was caked onto me and I had an elaborate hair style to go with it. I'm in uni so I'm pretty much wash and go, no makeup, natural hair, carrying a backpack. It's frustrating being carded for PG-13 movies, I usually just have my ID ready.

OMG! someone told me they thought I was 17 years old. Makeup doesnt help either.

I was thinking of walking around with my driver's license around my neck. lol

this happened to me so much that i went out and bought myself a fake engagement ring. from then on, i would wear it when i went out, and when i got hit on by a sleaze, i said, 'i'm engaged, sorry!' for some reason, even the sleazes know fiancees are off limits!! :smile:

I tried that once, and one guy didnt believe me! lol

haha, I love this thread! I have an embarrassing story to share...

Some quick background on me: I am 23, 5 feet tall and weight about 100lbs. So I do know I look young, but I NEVER thought this young...

I was teaching a class at a MIDDLE SCHOOL last month, and was walking down the school hallway on my cellphone and got yelled at by a teacher who thought I was a student. A middle school student. :shrugs:

My boyfriend, who is a high school English teacher made me feel a little better by saying that the teacher saw what she expected to see- a student, and was on auto-pilot after a long day. But still! haha

haha, I love this thread! I have an embarrassing story to share...

Some quick background on me: I am 23, 5 feet tall and weight about 100lbs. So I do know I look young, but I NEVER thought this young...

I was teaching a class at a MIDDLE SCHOOL last month, and was walking down the school hallway on my cellphone and got yelled at by a teacher who thought I was a student. A middle school student. :shrugs:

My boyfriend, who is a high school English teacher made me feel a little better by saying that the teacher saw what she expected to see- a student, and was on auto-pilot after a long day. But still! haha

Same thing happened to me when I was tutoring at a high school.

i'm 27 and no one believes i'm anything past 17. i think because i'm short (5'2''), usually dress casually (unless i'm going to an important meeting or class), and i have a relatively roundish face. i surely don't think i look like a teenager, and i don't act like one. what i find that helps the most is something completely beyond your looks- the way you speak. NOT to say the OP or anyone else has a "young" way of speaking, but it seems like the more casually and informally i speak, the more this happens. when i really pay attention to cutting out the informal expressions, and pronunciating a bit more, people don't seem to think i'm as young.

it seems that mostly asian and african american women are mistaken as being younger based on their looks. they are "ageless", and despite it being a problem now, i can sympathize, it's a good problem to have! ;)

There are probably lots of subtle things a person wears that makes them overly young too, like jeans of a certain cut that only teenagers and college kids would wear, or something ambercrombie, or along those lines. :tender::tender: Changing those things may help.

I'm 18 (and yea, I know I'm still very young) and people after people asking me, "What are you like...14?" so here's what worked, or has worked so far, for me!
For one, I started straightening my hair. Normally it's kind of wavy and it takes awhile for me to straighten my hair but that's just it, it looks nice (like it took time). I think MY wavy hair makes me look younger. And never wear too much eye makeup. For real, just be confident in your make up because sometime more is less. And jewelry seemed to help. And here's been my theory all along. Yes, have expensive stuff...but take care of it. Some little girls can beg their mommys to buy them coach but they would be ill taken care of. So show pride in your things! Good luck -- enjoy the youth!

I envy you all! The last time I was mistaken for younger, I was 'carded' for buying beer when I was 36; I was on cloud nine for days! Now I'm thrilled if someone thinks I am 40, LOL.

Ladies, enjoy it while you can. Life catches you unawares, you wonder where the time went!:crybaby:

Same prob here. Im 23, and always gets mistanken for a 16-17 year old. Now i find it kinda funny. Im just a bit shorter than the avarage, have light brown/blonde wavy/curly hair, a round face, pink cheek and lips (naturally).

I dont wear that much makeup, i dont ike how it feels on my skin (foundation etc.), and i cant get my hair straight, no matter how much i want it at time.

I try to wear professional clothing (especially at work, the city hall), not to much color or pattern. Then i wear kick-ass accessorize, to give it some personality.

I know what you mean. I am 19 and everyone thinks I am 12 or 15. Make up usually helps...eyeliner mascara. It helps me but at least you know when you are 30 you will look like your finally 21!!! lol well it will be worth it in the long run