Tips for spinning classes???

1. I just signed up for a month of spinning classes once a week for an hour.
    I've never done it before and thought it would be neat to try. Any pointers?? How beneficial is it?? I'm hoping it will really tone my butt, thighs, and legs!!!
  2. Very beneficial, it's a great workout! ..but very hard and exhausting. Make sure to bring a bottle of water and you might even want to take some ibuprofen after to prevent getting sore. (although many people have told me they don't get sore at all)
  3. I love spinning! I go once or twice a week. Your butt will be sore from the uncomfortable seat, but you'll get used to it after a few times. Bring a big bottle of water and a towel to wipe sweat off of you (seriously, you'll need it!).

Take the class at your own pace. Don't think you have to keep up with the instructor. My first spinning class was awful, I swore I'd never go back, but a few months later I gave it another try and loved it. Also, have the instructor set up your bike for you the first time and show you how she did it, that way you can do it the same way every time. A lot of people don't set their bikes up properly and that can lead to injury or soreness.

It's a great workout for your legs! Good luck, and have fun! :wlae:
  4. Will these classes make my legs big and muscular? or tone and lean?? I already have big calves and thighs so i defiantely don't want them to stay the same size and get very muscular!
  5. It's the best workout out there. Make sure you choose the seat that has a hole in the middle or else your "private part" will hurt like hell(just my own personal experience).

Spinning is a combination of walking, runinng, going up hill, etc. and not just bicycling.
  6. Moe - if you find you like spinning, you may want to invest in some spinners. Supposedly, being attached to the bike gives you a better workout.
  7. I just started spinning classes and luving it right now. It's a very good workout and the great thing is that you can do it at yr pace and what's comfortable for you. You don't feel like yr falling behind (running!)
  8. Have been spinning since 1998 -- when my knees finally convinced me to stop running. I spin 5 or 6 days a week! I love it -- it is safe, fun, comfortable (nice cool room) and you can work as hard --- or not -- as you want.

After spinning for a couple of years I bought clip-in shoes. They are well worth it -- you can go really fast with no worries about coming out of the straps, and you can clip in and out much faster than fiddling with the straps.

Wish I had started spinning and stopped running earlier -- my knees are still temperamental and I have only myself to blame!
  9. I've never tried spinning, but I do yoga. I've found that it's not a strenuous workout, and my personal results have been great. I feel healthy, and my body looks much more toned (I don't think it's possible to get huge muscles from practicing yoga). Maybe you could try it also :idea:
  10. My spinning instructor said Spinning works best w/ Pilates... Yr muscles tense up after the workout so it's very important to STRETCH. Pilates does that and I imagine littlepanda said, so does yoga.
  11. HAHAHA....!!! MOE's gonna have a sore *****...!!:roflmfao::roflmfao:

just kiddin' babe... u know i love u Moe Jie Jie....:wlae: