Tips for Caring for your Burberry PVC

I have a canvas tote and I made a clear plastic cover for it that attaches with black ribbons to the handles. It keeps my bag pretty and safe. :smile:

(the cat is there for size comparison and cause she was curious)

darkharbor.com/zauction2/toteburberry.jpg
is this on the burberry website? can you tell me what the purse style name is or link me.

My Burberry Nova Check Tote is less than three months old. Wore jeans the other day that have been washed and it still picked up blue dye from the jeans. I'm FURIOUS! No one from Burberry told me to be careful when wearing WASHED jeans. Customer service says it is normal color transfer. How on the earth is color transfer from WASHED jeans normal on a more than $500 bag??? I have never had this problem with other handbags -designer ones or bags that cost less than $50! Anyone out there have the same problem and try to contact Burberry for help?
It may have been your pair of jeans were prone to bleeding. I only use chico jeans which are about $100 a pair and in the year of use of my bag I only started to get minor color transfer in the past few months. I do inspect my bag after each use and when I do get some blue on the bag i wipe it clean with an alcohol swab.The stains also come out with time, just got to keep wiping weekly. i don't like magic eraser because they are abrasive
and could wear down the PVC.

I have the coated pvc things from burberry but I treat mine with care so there is no legit stain on any item and it still looks brand new although i had it for 4 years since I bought it from Galleries Lafayette in Paris. It's all about taking care but the PVC can be stained with pen ink as well so do be careful cuz i have seen pen marks on burberry pvc and it doesn't look good because burberry's pvc is light color so it shows.

I have the coated pvc things from burberry but I treat mine with care so there is no legit stain on any item and it still looks brand new although i had it for 4 years since I bought it from Galleries Lafayette in Paris. It's all about taking care but the PVC can be stained with pen ink as well so do be careful cuz i have seen pen marks on burberry pvc and it doesn't look good because burberry's pvc is light color so it shows.
What kind of coating did you use? Im curious :smile: I'm debating of whether to get another Burberry.

What kind of coating did you use? Im curious :smile: I'm debating of whether to get another Burberry.

legit honesty? i dont use any coating...all i do is use leather polish on all my bags, be it canvas or leather...the canvas gets shinier and stuff...and the leather might have actually protected the canvas i don't know exactly but all my things rlli does look new.:smile:

legit honesty? i dont use any coating...all i do is use leather polish on all my bags, be it canvas or leather...the canvas gets shinier and stuff...and the leather might have actually protected the canvas i don't know exactly but all my things rlli does look new.:smile:

That's a good idea. Thanks fellow handbag lover :smile:

I have a Nova Check crossbody and an older hobo, love both specially for spring/summer. After every use i wipe the canvas down with baby wipes. On denim stains/other dirt, I grab another wipe and spray a teeny tiny amount of Shout(stain remover for laundry, etc) on the wipe and rub away.

Makeup119 said:
I have a Nova Check crossbody and an older hobo, love both specially for spring/summer. After every use i wipe the canvas down with baby wipes. On denim stains/other dirt, I grab another wipe and spray a teeny tiny amount of Shout(stain remover for laundry, etc) on the wipe and rub away.

Thanks for the tip! I have the Nova check cross body as well! Baby wipes work great but I never considered shout before! I love it for stains on clothing!

I just got a the Small Haymarket Check Tote bag for my birthday and i'm loving it. But after googling "maintainence" and care for my Burberry bag, i stumbled upon this page which has actually made me super scared to bring out my new bag. I guess better safe then sorry, but i cant fully enjoy my bag if im so worried about it all the time. Haha.

I saw that someone in the previous posts suggested ArmorAll wipes which is a vinyl automotive protectant / cleaner, has anyone used such products on their PVC bags? Is it safe for the bag? Im worried about it changing the colour of the bag. Below is the link to the two products.

http://www.armorall.com.au/product-types/protectant/
http://www.armorall.com.au/products/cleaning-wipes/?select=wipes

Thanks!

I just got a the Small Haymarket Check Tote bag for my birthday and i'm loving it. But after googling "maintainence" and care for my Burberry bag, i stumbled upon this page which has actually made me super scared to bring out my new bag. I guess better safe then sorry, but i cant fully enjoy my bag if im so worried about it all the time. Haha.

I saw that someone in the previous posts suggested ArmorAll wipes which is a vinyl automotive protectant / cleaner, has anyone used such products on their PVC bags? Is it safe for the bag? Im worried about it changing the colour of the bag. Below is the link to the two products.

http://www.armorall.com.au/product-types/protectant/
http://www.armorall.com.au/products/cleaning-wipes/?select=wipes

Thanks!

I think the safest is to use baby wipes because it can't do much damage whereas u use some some cleaners and they might not do good but more harm to your product..Just take care of your bag and clean it constantly with baby wipes,,,if stain occrus then consider using cleaners.

I think the safest is to use baby wipes because it can't do much damage whereas u use some some cleaners and they might not do good but more harm to your product..Just take care of your bag and clean it constantly with baby wipes,,,if stain occrus then consider using cleaners.

Thanks Ujili, ill just go get some baby wipes then :smile:
I guess this will encourage me to wear more whites Haha!