Tip on Bluefly 10% off glitch!

1. I just found a way to get around the fact that Bluefly takes off most of the nice stuff when they do the extra 10% off sale....

Make a link to whatever you like when they don't have the sale. When they do have the extra 10% off use your link and you should still be able to purchase your item with the extra 10% off!!!

I just tried it today and it worked.....

2. Booooo on Bluefly! I had no idea Bluefly removed items when they have sales.

3. Yuck! I didn't know that either! I just bought something from them today...UGH!

4. They removed the wallets too. Does anybody have anymore links?

5. There's definitely something fishy going on on their site. I am unable to access my shopping cart which has a bunch of expensive Pradas... and I've tried logging into my account and more to access them, but to no avail. Now when I go to the Chloe link you posted, I added it to my cart, but it doesn't add... this is what it says...

Please correct or enter the following field information:

[​IMG] Please select a size from the dropdown.

Chloe
    tobacco lambskin 'Patchwork' satchel

retail value: $2,125.00
    bluefly: $1,700.00
    sale: $1,530.00
    you save 28% (in stock now)

Extra 10% Off Two Days Only! Price reduced until 6am EST 4/18/2007.

qty:

However, we all know there is NO SIZE on this bag to select from the dropdown menu... there is NO DROPDOWN MENU... unless this is something going on with my configuration only... anyone else have this problem??? It's weird.

Where have all the good bags gone?! :cursing:

6. On top of my above post... *this* is the message I get each time I *try* to access my cart!

[​IMG][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,Sans-Serif]We're sorry.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,Sans-Serif]The page you requested could not be accessed.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,Sans-Serif]The page you're trying to reach is temporarily unavailable or no longer exists. We apologize for the inconvenience.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,Sans-Serif]>> Click here to continue shopping[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,Sans-Serif]We value your feedback, click here to email comments[/FONT]

7. it happens to me too. All the bags that i put on my cart, i can't access it. It's soo weird.

8. Wow, they are totally *RATS*!!! Just trying to get rid of all their crap and putting in a special code for all the higher-end merchandise so for the sale it requires a "SIZE" in order to get it in your cart.

Here's another perfect example.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Please correct or enter the following field information:​

[​IMG] Please select a size from the dropdown.​

Prada
    dark olive chevron lambskin cinched satchel

retail value: $2,680.00
    bluefly: $2,144.00
    sale: $1,929.60
    you save 28% (in stock now)

Extra 10% Off Two Days Only! Price reduced until 6am EST 4/18/2007.

qty:

[​IMG]

9. btw, I tried this on 2 of my computers... so now I know it is not a problem on my end... it's something they put into their code. :mad:

10. You know..it occurs to me that a decent website would not treat their loyal customers like this. Why shop a site that doesn't want to offer a deal on all merchandise and tricks their customers like this? There are better places to shop that will honor specials on ALL items, not just ones they want to get rid of.....just my opinion

11. Totally agree!! Don't know whether they heard of our complaint, just had a look and some of the good ones are now back!:shrugs:

12. IDK - I can't find ANYTHING I like now! I searched for several shoes I was thinking of, but didn't bookmark anything. Nuts.

13. I've tried it too but it does not work. :wtf:

14. I tried this last time (had a Chloe Paddington in my basket, so it still showed up in the top corner of the homepage that there was something in my cart, but when I clicked on my cart it said it was empty). I called bluefly and the CSRs couldn't even place the order for me. I had the same error message about needing to select a size. So, what I did was call and say that I wanted to buy it but there was a glitch. They marked my account. Called back when the "glitch" was gone, and they placed the order for me, using my 15% off code, and then gave me a price adjustment for the additional 10% off "sale" price. Now I just bookmark whatever Bluefly items I am interested in for just this sort of occassion.