Tiny the Elephant Crossbody!

arnott

O.G.
Aug 23, 2006
Just saw this in store yesterday and it's in my favourite colour too! :love: I'm new to this brand...does Kate Spade ever go on sale? I like this but it's too small to be practical for me to use as a purse...so it would be an expensive decoration! :lol:

83563112_10156793096286937_8927393045779841024_o.jpg

83254087_10156793096261937_6614513162148380672_o.jpg

https://www.katespade.com/products/tiny-elephant-crossbody/PXRUB056.html

They are adorable, aren't they!? I love K.S. novelty bags.

They do go on sale, quite regularly in fact. I couldn't tell you the dates of sales because I don't shop K.S. often, but I know they have surprise sales on the website, as well as regular seasonal sales. Your best bet is either to tag the bag on Shoptagr and get a notification when the price drops, or to check the website regularly for or a surprise sale/ preferred customer event.

I will also add that many of the novelty bags are functional ones. I own an Owl bag that is a WOC and is big enough to function as a daily bag. I've also seen Parrot, Whale, Dog and Porcupine shaped bags that were all large enough to carry a lot, so if you're looking for a novelty bag that isn't so small that it's only decorative, then you can always wait it out for the next collection because each collection seems to have at least one animal shaped bag (although chances of getting your favourite colour again would be low).

HTH :smile:

They are adorable, aren't they!? I love K.S. novelty bags.

They do go on sale, quite regularly in fact. I couldn't tell you the dates of sales because I don't shop K.S. often, but I know they have surprise sales on the website, as well as regular seasonal sales. Your best bet is either to tag the bag on Shoptagr and get a notification when the price drops, or to check the website regularly for or a surprise sale/ preferred customer event.

I will also add that many of the novelty bags are functional ones. I own an Owl bag that is a WOC and is big enough to function as a daily bag. I've also seen Parrot, Whale, Dog and Porcupine shaped bags that were all large enough to carry a lot, so if you're looking for a novelty bag that isn't so small that it's only decorative, then you can always wait it out for the next collection because each collection seems to have at least one animal shaped bag (although chances of getting your favourite colour again would be low).

HTH :smile:

Thanks! I checked out the KS website and they don't ship to Canada! So do you know when the regular seasonal sales are? Also do you have pics of those animal Bags? Owl and Porcupine sound interesting! What is WOC?

Sorry can't tell you for sure when the sales are. I know last year they had a surprise sale that was available online only.
Edit to add: They do ship to Canada for a $10 or $20 fee, so it is an option for you to get it when there's a surprise sale online. Info from the Kate Spade website, I searched 'Canada' and got this:
https://care.narvar.com/katespade/search?q=canada

I am also certain they had at least 3 sales in-store that I noticed randomly when I was in the mall. I browsed but didn't buy anything. I assume they were end of season sales, so likely there would be a sale coming up shortly, perhaps mid-Feb/March.
Hopefully more regular K.S. shoppers can chime in here with more details!

WOC is a Wallet on Chain. It's a bag that is small-ish and has card slots built in so that you can opt not to use a full sized wallet. I only carry essentials most of the time, so this was ideal for me.
I'm currently not at home to get a pic of my own bag, but attached are stock photos of my Owl bag. It's from several years ago but I picked this one over the other novelty bags because it has a traditional bag shape, which makes it easy to fit in things like my phone/card case/wallet. I also adore the dangling feet!
I added my own crossbody strap to it.

The Porcupine bag was around the time of this Owl bag, so unlikely you'll find a new one. The most recent ones I've seen were a Parrot (very large), the Elephant you saw, and a great Penguin collection that I forgot to mention (several pieces of different sizes of that one). Those may all still be available at the outlets or stores. I'll see if I can find some pictures now. :smile:

Attachments

• Owl bag.jpg
    Owl bag.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 154
  • Owl bag 2.jpeg
    Owl bag 2.jpeg
    52.1 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Links to some KS novelty bags I mentioned on Shopbop (may still be available in an outlet):

Penguin: https://www.shopbop.com/dashing-beauty-penguin-hazelbag-kate/vp/v=1/1525724356.htm

Parrot: https://www.shopbop.com/rio-parrot-crossbody-kate-spade/vp/v=1/1573821935.htm

Porcupine bag is currently available on Poshmark. I saw it for $120 on sale at the store, so this seller has really marked up the price:
https://poshmark.com/listing/Kate-Spade-Baja-Bound-Porcupine-Crossbody-Bag-5b0c85a58df470e64906dd2f

Thanks! I checked out the KS website and they don't ship to Canada! So do you know when the regular seasonal sales are? Also do you have pics of those animal Bags? Owl and Porcupine sound interesting! What is WOC?
Kate Spade should have their friends and family sale by March/April, so it's coming up soon. They also have the same sale around the Fall/Winter in time for the holidays, too.

From time to time, they will have a Surprise sale, too. Which is an extra discounted sale on past season clearance bags. I recommend you sign up for their newsletter to be kept informed on their next sale.

Reactions: jblended
I bought a Tiny on impulse when I saw her in a display and I've been trying to find out if other people have bought one too! She's like a another pocket, definitely not very practical, but works for a downtown lifestyle just running simple errands. Wish I was more patient to wait for a real sale though.

Attachments

• 20200305_205832336_iOS.jpg
    20200305_205832336_iOS.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 69