Timeless clutch in python vs. caviar

1. I'm torn (though not sure if the python is even still available????). Is the python as durable and long lasting as the caviar? I like the style of the clutch and am completely blown away by the python but I want something that will really hold up well.

2. The python is a delicate skin with scales that need to be regularly conditioned to keep them from drying and thus lifting/curling. Caviar is going to be the most durable of the two.
  3. exotics are usually hard to maintain and i'm not sure about its durability because i only have a python silverado which i got last year! lol. this, my dear, you might need to ask our exotics queen - ldldb!

i bought the patent one instead of the caviar because it has the glossy shine and easy to maintain. maybe you could consider that an option?
  4. Ela, I was at Saks in NYC yesterday and they had the following timeless clutches:
    White caviar with silver HW
    Black caviar with silver HW
    Gold Python (forgot the HW, I am guessing it was gold)
    I think the python clutch is beautiful and much more of a statement piece than the caviar clutch which is pretty ubiquitous at this point. I own a python Chanel clutch from a few seasons ago, however the scales on my clutch were much smoother than the ones that are currently available, and my bag has held up very well. I have used it several times and I have not had any problems with, and keep in mind that I have not had it conditioned or serviced. I have never had a problem with any other python clutches either. I actually think that python is very durable and requires little care - I have worn my Devi Kroell python bag almost daily for the past 3 years, and I think that it looks better today than it did when I first got it.
    So my recommendation is to go with the python clutch! And please post pics when you get it.
  5. if I could've gotten the python I TOTALLY would've.
    There's girls on here that have had python Chanel for years and years and have nothing maintenance-wise and say they're virtually worry free.
    Since I would only carry mine a few tweims/year, I'd definitely get python.
    I haven't removed the tags from my black caviar clutch yet, maybe they'll get a python one in before I do!
  6. i was debating this very question for a while but in the end the bronze python won over the caviar. It is a spectacular bag and since I did not choose gold or silver, the muted bronze can work for day or night. Python is one of the more durable exotic skins so I'm not too worried but I don't think i'll be carrying the python clutch very often anyway. I will be getting the black patent timeless clutch as the "workhorse" clutch for travel, etc. when i have my EGC.

Like you, I was blown away when I saw the clutch in python so I think that in itself made the decision very easy. Good luck, I am sure you can still locate one. I'm posting the bronze and d silver clutches here to tempt you over to the dark side :graucho:

7. LOL, that's very naughty of you L! now you're tempting me too. i like that silver clutch! omg, so fab! how much does it cost? do you think Steph has it?

8. clutch is 1895 in python...i know it's a lot of $ for a small bag that I can't use everyday but ...well...just look at it!:girlsigh:
  9. I'm so torn, originally I was looking for the perfect, basic black clutch.

Ah, the python though...................
  10. ela1235, i don't think you can go wrong with the clutch in caviar or patent black either. I'm only teasing you about the python--i do love the clutch in black as well.
  11. I don't think I can go wrong at all. I'm just completely in love with the python. :0 Thanks for all of your help!
  12. I would love to own a python clutch especially before price increase.
  13. eeepp you have totally tempted me too! your python clutch is TDF! i am soo in love now i think i am about to break my ban!
  14. ela--if you're looking for a basic black clutch, I'd suggest the caviar. Caviar, I've heard, is more durable ... I have the timeless in black lambskin, and I just adore it.

I even want one in white now ...
  15. I have both Caviar in Black and White and Python in silver and i think I love my silver python the best and its better quality than the chloe python silverado which i also have..