TIGI Bed Head Hair Products, how good are they?

coachmommyofmin

<3
O.G.
Oct 6, 2008
A friend of mine recommended "TIGI bed head hair" -"after party creme" for my damaged bleached hair, and i found the "dumb blonde' that's supposed to reconstruct bleached hair but has protein in it, and the "shine" product... what do you think about those particular products or TIGI in general? Are they worth the investment? Do they have a good reputation? I'd love to try but i want to make sure it's worth the pricey tag :smile: Any experiences?

I absolutely love "after party creme," I have fine straight hair that I highlight--or color somehow--about every 6-8 weeks. I found the creme had a pleasant fragrance and didn't weigh my hair down, I also really, really liked how soft it left my hair. I used the Dumb Blonde line for a bit--before I converted to Kerastase--but occasionally use the conditioner from the line bc I like the fragrance. As far as how well I thought the conditioner did "conditioning" I wasn't overly impressed, but don't think it was terrible. I have also used "Small Talk" which according to TIGI is a "thickifier, energizer, stylizer" and I like that too. I found it to be a little too sticky if you use too much and the smell can be a bit candy like, but if you use a little bit I have been able to get great volume, which is no small feat considering my hair. Finally I also have used and love "Headrush" it's a shine spray that also has a nice fragrance and doesn't weigh hair down. (Side note-- ULTA tends to have really good deals on the products.) I guess all in all the after party creme and headrush are my favorite TIGI products. Sorry for the rambling, hope this helps.

^^I agree with you on the dumb blonde conditioner. I used it when I had blonde hair and I was never overly impressed with it, I didn't hate it but I certainly didn't love it.

I LOVE the after party creme too. Great scent AND it does its job and a little goes a long way so that's how I justify the price, ha.

I like the Dumb Blonde shampoo, but I agree the conditoner didn't float my boat.

I also love the Manipulator...it's a finishing creme that's a little sticky and rubbery, hard to explain, but it works really well on my hair and I just use a little bit on the ends to give it a nice piece-y look.

Whenever I see TIGI on clearance I always grab it. I've used the Curls Rock line, Self Absorbed shampoo & conditioner, Manipulator when I had short choppy hair & Hard Head hairspray. It's good stuff, smells great! I've also heard good things about the makeup.

I used BedHead ages ago, when my hair was literally fried off. It did well, but I was happier when they came out with the S-Factor line....it's wonderful.

Afterparty is a great purchase, though!

I use the TIGI moisture shampoo and conditioner, they come sold as a package. I love them. I am not too keen on the fragrance, but its not that bad. And when I went to my stylist to get a trim on Friday she could not stop talking about how healthy my hair is, she literally said it like five times. I can thank my TIGI shampoo and conditioner for that.

I don't know if the bottles I got are rotten but I think Dumb Blonde smells horrible! It's so awful I cannot use it. :sad:

For my over-highlighted hair I love John Frieda Sheer Blonde or Kerastase Bain Satin.

Tigi S Factor smoothing lusterizer is absolutely wonderful for my very fine hair. I also like the(much cheaper) Tigi Catwalk Fast Fixx.
They're great products, and well worth every penny.
Just a tip, if you live near an Ulta, get your name on their mailing list. That way, when they have the 'Buy 2, get 2 free' sale on, you'll be forewarned about the sale, and you can stock up on your Tigi products....along with just about everything else they sell!

I love bed head products. I've been using them since i was 6 (not joking, i choose it because the first TIGI product i saw was pink!), and omg. i can't stop using the products! my favorite is the leave in conditioner. I really like the smell of the after-party cream, smells great, and smells great. honestly, I think every dime is worth it, but i wish i had tried the dumb blonde, but i'm not blonde!

I use TIGI Superstar Shampoo for Thick Massive Hair and it´s the best.
My hair is super straight and it´s so hard to keep the volume up all day long but it´s so much better since I have been using this shampoo.
I really love TIGI Bed Head Products!

Curls Rock line is one of my favorites! I think some of their products are really good while others are not, I do prefer Redken products but that's just me :smile: I use Redken Blonde Glam and love it. I'm naturally a dark brown and bleach my hair and it's worked wonders, along with Aussie 3 Minute Miracle which I also love!

If you like the products but aren't so fond of the price tag, Sally's carries a line called Beyond the Zone that are clones of Tigi products, ingredient for ingredient clones.

Same stuff, different (but very cute) packaging, and about 20% of the price. :biggrin: