Tiffany and SEVENTEEN magazine

luvhautecouture

Chanelaholic
O.G.
Sep 18, 2007
:tdown: Did anyone see the Tiffany and Seventeen magazine colaboration in the latest Seventeen magazine (Vanessa Hudgens is on the cover)?

It's a heart tag charm with "17" engraved on it. I think its really tacky. Who would wear a tag that says 17 on it? And why is Tiffany stooping so low (I don't really like Seventeen magazine). I understand marketing to teenages (heck, I'm a teenager myself!), but I just don't like this marketing scheme!

Sorry for the rant

I saw it the other day while getting my nails done. and thought it was a bit tacky too. I mean if your 17 i guess it is alright but who wants to buy a charm for one year?

^^ totally agree... but its like a charm bracelet with seasonal charms on it (like a reindeer. candy cane...etc) I dont know who would buy it, but a lot of people make a lot of things that make no sense to the rest of the world.

:tdown: Did anyone see the Tiffany and Seventeen magazine colaboration in the latest Seventeen magazine (Vanessa Hudgens is on the cover)?

It's a heart tag charm with "17" engraved on it. I think its really tacky. Who would wear a tag that says 17 on it? And why is Tiffany stooping so low (I don't really like Seventeen magazine). I understand marketing to teenages (heck, I'm a teenager myself!), but I just don't like this marketing scheme!

Sorry for the rant

I agree. The necklace itself was cute, the engraving I did not care for. It would be better if they had engraved an inspirational word or something.

ITA. When I saw it, it looked tacky looking. It honestly looked like some corny Tiffany's knockoff.

I'd rather get a plain one and have it engraved myself with something more timeless, like initials.

its on the tiffanys website....and i think tiff probably saw it as a huge marketing ploy and i honestly think it will be a huge seller as bday pressies! it's under a 100 and i think it would be cute to give to someone

i would never wear it, but as an addition to a charm braclet it just might be cute :smile:

btw i remember being 17 and LOVING the magazine hehe :smile:

hmmm i haven't seen it but maybe it's a kind of customization thing? like you can engrave a number/letters you want? and this 17 was just an example?

Nope... its a promotional thing between Seventeen magazine and Tiffany... (I know this because sadly, I still get the magazine-- but it was the end of my subscription!)