Tieks by Gavrieli

So just an update, I got my tieks in Cardinal Red and as much as I wanted to love it, it's just not for me. :sad: I almost always wear a size 7 with rare instances that I had to go down to 6.5 but never a 7.5. The 7 tieks that I got when i tried it, my toes are curled but sliding out at the back and wide on the sides. I am pretty sure that if I go get a size 8, it will be big since the 7 is already wide on the sides.

I'm so sad because I had been wanting all the other colors already and the leather was just so soft.
I'm sorry to hear that! What are your thoughts for someone with a very narrow foot? You mentioned they were a little wide. I'm leery about trying them since some narrow shoes aren't narrow enough for me. Tia!

So just an update, I got my tieks in Cardinal Red and as much as I wanted to love it, it's just not for me. :sad: I almost always wear a size 7 with rare instances that I had to go down to 6.5 but never a 7.5. The 7 tieks that I got when i tried it, my toes are curled but sliding out at the back and wide on the sides. I am pretty sure that if I go get a size 8, it will be big since the 7 is already wide on the sides.

I'm so sad because I had been wanting all the other colors already and the leather was just so soft.

Exchange for another size 7. Since they are handmade, each pair will fit a little different. I usually wear a 9 but I gave Tieks in both 9 & 10. Good Luck!

I'm sorry to hear that! What are your thoughts for someone with a very narrow foot? You mentioned they were a little wide. I'm leery about trying them since some narrow shoes aren't narrow enough for me. Tia!

Try them out. Each pair will fit a little different. If you don't like then, just return them. Tieks customer service is really good. Good Luck!

Reactions: Stephanieg218
Sorry, newbie to tieks here. Do they ever go on sale or give out coupon codes? I would love to give them a try but not sure if it will work out with my difficult feet. I am in Canada so I don't get to avail the free shipping which sucks.

Sorry, newbie to tieks here. Do they ever go on sale or give out coupon codes? I would love to give them a try but not sure if it will work out with my difficult feet. I am in Canada so I don't get to avail the free shipping which sucks.

I bought my first pairs earlier this year & I have t heard of anything but that doesn't mean they never offer something.

They used to have 20% sales a couple of times a year, but the last time I saw one was end of 2013. Nothing since!

One really interesting thing about Tieks is that their auctions on Ebay always close at about $10.00 or so less than full retail price and sometimes at the retail price. There is no question that they have a huge following and great quality control. All you can do is try! I love mine and I agree, I can wear both 10 and 11. No toes seen in the 11's but both are good.

One really interesting thing about Tieks is that their auctions on Ebay always close at about $10.00 or so less than full retail price and sometimes at the retail price. There is no question that they have a huge following and great quality control. All you can do is try! I love mine and I agree, I can wear both 10 and 11. No toes seen in the 11's but both are good.

I've noticed that too! I follow the size 12 auctions on eBay, and they always sell so close to retail. So far I've stuck to buying directly from tieks.com. Tieks changed my life!! The ONE and ONLY cute shoe EVER to fit my ogre feet comfortably. Really no exaggeration. ONLY ONE. I have 9 pairs.

Reactions: nikkisharif
I had some issues stretching the Arabian Nights leather to fit, but no issues with the regular matte leather.
Edit: I have wide feet as well, so from my experience I'd recommend the regular matte leather for those with wide feet.

I usually just lurk but after the latest experience had to share.

WARNING: This is long.

In February I purchased a pair of leopard print Tieks and fell in love. Within a couple days I purchased a black pair and then the following week ordered the chestnut and fuschia. I LOVE the chestnut but was disappointed with the fuchsia because I didn't feel they were as vibrant as I expected. I contacted customer care and asked if I could exchange them for another color. They were wonderful and sent me a pair of electric snake and gave me 2 weeks to decided which, if either pair, I wanted to keep. I ended up returning both as again I felt the electric snake wasn't as saturated as I'd expected (I think I just have crazy expectations when it comes to vibrancy). I later contacted customer care asking for photos of the cardinal red and ruby red side by side. I wanted to compare the colors in an attempt to keep from wasting their time (I hate being a difficult customer). Jessica sent them right over and was super helpful so I was excited!

Fast forward to yesterday. I broke the sole of my black tieks. I'm not sure how. I generally take good care of my things but I'm also clumsy so who knows. The sole split in a way that seemed like it wouldn't hold if I simply glued it so I contacted customer care to see if they offer repairs and how much it would be to have the sole repaired or replaced. Within an hour I received an email from Erin offering to exchange them for a new pair. I was in awe. At this point I've had these shoes for 6 months and wear them at least 3 times a week (I live in my Tieks now). I couldn't believe it. It's been less than 24 hours and they've already shipped out my new pair! I expected a well made pair of shoes but didn't expect them to be so comfortable or their customer service to rock at every turn! I've never experienced customer care like this. It's amazing!

Of course because their service is so amazing I'm even more obsessed and purchasing 2 new pairs today.

A little side note, one of the owners likes photos on Instagram. I posted a photo of myself in a pair on Instagram at the airport 2 weeks ago and was surprised to find when I landed a comment and like from a Gavrieli. I thought it was pretty cool that someone that high up takes time to do that.

20160810_172423.jpg
20160810_172434.jpg

Last edited:
This is my first pair in taupe. I clean and condition them weekly, probably overkill but I do site walks sometimes and they can get dusty!

d3cb92d25c75b9caf3565356d6855cbd.jpg

What do you use to clean and condition? TYIA!

I absolutely love the look of the tieks but unfortunately these shoes did not work for me. I have wide feet and high arches. I first got my regular size but they hurt across the top of my food and were too tight in the toe box. I then went up a size and they were far too large. While they were more comfortable they still did not support my arches. I really wish these could have worked for me!

I absolutely love the look of the tieks but unfortunately these shoes did not work for me. I have wide feet and high arches. I first got my regular size but they hurt across the top of my food and were too tight in the toe box. I then went up a size and they were far too large. While they were more comfortable they still did not support my arches. I really wish these could have worked for me!

I have wide feet too but I tried a couple of different pairs because they are handmade so each one feels different. I only have 2 pair and one is a 9 & the other is a 10 lol. I don't have to use insoles in these but I do in my Tory Burch flats.