Tidehaven High School......Sad Day!!

1. OMG .............WHAT A TERRIBLE SAD DAY May 4 2007

I just dropped my 3 children off at school and left to Houston for a dr. appt. about 1 hr. later I received a phone call saying I needed to get home ASAP, there was a gun men inside the high school........I started crying and trying to find out what was going on but no one could give any info. and I could not get my children on the phone!!! About 15 min later I got a hold of the principle and she told me that my kids were safe and locked inside the their classroom, but still no info on the gun or anything until minutes later I found out a 15 yr. old female killed herself in the bathroom with a gun. Today there is word that she left a suicide note stating she was going to kill other students!!! She showed the gun to another student and told her what her plans were =and that student did nothing!!! My Children and the Students of Tidhaven High are doing well, they are confused and they have many questions..... I ask that you pray for them!!!:heart:

2. What on earth is the world coming to? I have a kid in school, and that is one of my worst fear. THANK GOD everything was all right and no-one else was hurt. You must have had an awful time...

3. The worst goes through your mind, and it brings back so many memories of all the school shootings that have happened in the past few yrs. and you just want to cry for all those involved. very sad, my children were friends with her and it's hard because they keep saying"I wonder why she did it" And I try to explain but I don't even know, so it's hard for them to understand, my daughter couldn't sleep last night just thinking about it, so she climb into my bed, and she got some rest.

4. I'm so sorry to hear that. I seriously can't understand whats going on with the world The news might aswell stop talking about global warming?! Whats the point when there are these PEOPLE out there Urg it's just so unbelivable...I can't even guess how you must have felt. :sad: I'm so sorry no one should have to go through anything like this. I hope you kids are feeling ok , i will keep you all in my prayers.

5. I am so sorry, I just don't know what to say...everything that has been happening....just leaves me speechless....you have my word that I will pray for your children, and the other students affected by this tragedy.

6. Another one! This is just horrifying.

7. This is so scary..:sad: Very sad.
    Starting to make me scared of going to school.

8. This is eerie. I was just reading Jodi Picoult's "Nineteen Minutes" and took a breather. When I logged onto TPF I see this....

9. that's horrible.

10. We had a similar incident in PA earlier in the year. I THINK Springfield High School.

11. omg, I am so glad your kids are safe. I feel for you, I would be freaking out not knowing if my kids were safe.
    Praying for you and your family.
    monica

12. Im happy to hear all your kids are safe.
    This is happening way to often something needs to be done!

13. I am so sorry you and your children had to go through that. What a nightmare.

I live in a TINY community that commonly has graduating classes under 40, and the primary school here (where my 7 year old attends) had a drill for what to do in a similar situation. They all had to get down, be quiet, turn out the lights, lock the door and stay away from the windows. I hope it stays just a drill.

A friend of mine in Orlando is on pins and needles because her daughter's school has been on lockdown a minimum of twice a week since the VA Tech shootings because of threats.

14. I am glad to hear your children are safe and hope your daughter is doing well

15. So sad!!! I'm glad to hear your kids are safe...

As for the girl that commited suicide... :sad: My condolences go out to her family.