Thoughts on revealing reserve prices?

I have occassionally asked a reserve price...but, truthfully if I want the item I will snipe it with my highest bid in the last final secs. Remember, it is best to still be the highest bidder even if you do not meet the reserve price cause then you can offer the seller to sell it to you as a "Second Chance". I have personally done that deal many times.

Is it OK if a potential buyer emails me asking what my reserve is on my auction? Should I disclose that information? I'm concerned because I am thinking "What if it's another seller trying to lowball me"?

Yes, i think its ok. I hope it is as I've gotten that question a few times too and always answered. Come to think of it, I've even asked sellers too so I know if I want to bother bidding or not.

I usually ask if I'm interested in the item. If it's a pair of shoes that normally retails for say $600, and the reserve is $550, then I won't bid. It usually it more of a way for me to know whether I should keep the auction on my watch list or not.
I don't think it's ill-intended usually!

^^those are my feelings too. Honestly when I ask a seller what the reserve is it's for me basically wanting to know if I should bother to bid/watch the auction or not. f I ask a seller and they don't tell me, I won't bid at all. I HATE when sellers say they don't "disclose the reserve price".:cursing: The point of a reserve IMO is just to make sure your auction goes for a certain price. I don't see why sellers are so secretive about it.:shrugs:

This is the first time I placed a reserve and I was unsure if I could disclose that information. Also, I recently had issues where someone lowballed me...I didn't know that is what they were doing until I started reading the Ebay posts about what other sellers do.

:cursing: The point of a reserve IMO is just to make sure your auction goes for a certain price. I don't see why sellers are so secretive about it.:shrugs:

Many seller's are secretive about their reserve because it generates bids from buyers trying to figure out the reserve price for themselves. It keeps the bidding competetive and the more bids they get, the higher the auction goes.

If a seller doesn't tell me, I don't bother with the auction. I only ask if I am really interested. The bidding will go as high as people are interested in paying, no matter what the reserve is.

Great, I hope your bag sells pquiles!

I've even listed the reserve amount in my ebay auction listings before. I think setting a reserve is useful if you want to make a certain amount, but want to list it low so you can attract buyers.