Thoughts on market bag?

My stomach is in knots about this.

Jenny - I know you are upset but I want you to know that if you had posted in your original note that you were investigating this bag, I would not have even considered buying it. Not for one second.

When I read the responses to your question, I went out to ebay and did a general search on "Hermes market" and found the two from this seller - they were the only two available today but I also researched closed auctions and found others that went unpurchased recently (these will likely be relisted soon).

I emailed back and forth with the seller for over an hour, reviewed the pictures and made my decision. The entire time I was doing this, I was also in the thread that you started checking for further posts.

I feel just awful that this happened. I hope you find the best, most amazing bag ever and snap it right up!

Jeni

Jenny I am sorry this happened to you.

However, I had googled 'Hermes Market Bag' and this one came up, so I placed the link. I had ho idea that you were interested in this bag and besides, there was no bid placed on it.

Please don't make Ms Twilly feel bad. It was not as if she jumped on a bag that YOU said you had your heart set on. You never mentioned that particular bag but asked a general question. Ms Twilly used the BIN option offered by the seller, there is nothing wrong with that.

If it is any consolation to you, Market Bags show up regularly on ebay and they are always in that price category of ca. 500 USD starting price. I am sure you will find your dream bag.

The reason I didn't mention the bag on ebay was that I didn't want to draw attention to it. I was afraid somone on this forum would notice it and buy it before I could. I've tried to use this forum to receive honest comments about bags I am interested in buying. I've always been concerned that this would happen. Now that it has, I won't ever be comfortable asking about an ebay bag on the forum. I'd been pm'ing 2 members yesterday about this bag also in an attempt to keep it quiet. They had been very helpful to the point I was ready to buy. When the ebay link went up, my heart sank. I got ready to buy and my computer modem went out. By the time I got it operating again, a little while later, it was too late. I even called the seller to let him know I wanted to buy the bag, but I couldn't get online. My message just went to his voice mail.
My lesson is: Don't ask about ebay bags. I'll just pm certain people I know I can trust.

Hi Jenny,

As I said, I am very sorry.

May I suggest a different take on this --- it wasn't meant to be. I don't wish to sound hollow but with this string of accidents that has happened for you during the hunt for this bag, this is what comes to my mind.

I see Market Bags relatively often on ebay. If you are interested, I would be happy to point them out to you in a private PM when I see them.

I am convinced that a better deal is out there for you.

Hi Jenny,

As I said, I am very sorry.

May I suggest a different take on this --- it wasn't meant to be. I don't wish to sound hollow but with this string of accidents that has happened for you during the hunt for this bag, this is what comes to my mind.

I see Market Bags relatively often on ebay. If you are interested, I would be happy to point them out to you in a private PM when I see them.

I am convinced that a better deal is out there for you.

That would be wonderful. Thank you very much!

yum -- i had never even heard of the toile market bag before hello mentioned it on this thread . . . and then today i found this beauty on a french reseller's site:

rebc5479-3b.jpg

Thank you so much. That is indeed a beautiful bag. Toile and I don't mix well. I'm too afraid of ruining it (past experience). It sure is fun to look at the photo though!
Thank you again very much!

Jenny - I know you are upset but I want you to know that if you had posted in your original note that you were investigating this bag, I would not have even considered buying it. Not for one second.

When I read the responses to your question, I went out to ebay and did a general search on "Hermes market" and found the two from this seller - they were the only two available today but I also researched closed auctions and found others that went unpurchased recently (these will likely be relisted soon).

I emailed back and forth with the seller for over an hour, reviewed the pictures and made my decision. The entire time I was doing this, I was also in the thread that you started checking for further posts.

I feel just awful that this happened. I hope you find the best, most amazing bag ever and snap it right up!

Jeni

I don't see that you did anything wrong at all. The person who started the thread was just asking general questions about the bag, "Is anyone familiar with it? What leathers did it come in, lined and un-lined, etc.?" She didn't even mention that she wanted to buy one. It would be different if she had posted a link and said she was seriously considering that particular bag but that was not the case. Enjoy your bag!!

^^^I totally agree, Ms. Twilly did nothing wrong at all and Ms. Twilly is a sweetheart who would never do anything to hurt another member here under any circumstances. While it is unfortunate that Jenny1 lost the auction, Ebay is fair game. She could have just as easily lost the auction to someone who is not a Member of tPF- so it makes no difference that she ultimately lost the auction to a Member here.

I am sure there will be another one, and when one does become available, you should just jump at the opportunity.

Congratulations Ms. Twilly!!! Enjoy your bag in good health!

Jeni

Jeni,
I just wanted to apologize for my horrible rants about you. It was very immature of me, and now I know you didn't do anything wrong. I am truly sorry. I hope you will accept my sincere apology.
Jenny1