Thoughts on Marc Jacobs Hobo Banana

I got this bag in black for $447 from SA Cliff at Nordstrom Michigan Avenue a few weeks ago. I returned it; the opening was too small and I found it hard to imagine getting things in and out of. Anyway, what I wanted was the Ursula Quilted Hobo, so I think they sent me the wrong bag accidentally... so that was the real reason I returned it. Nonetheless, it was at the $447 price. I returned it to Nordstrom MacArthur Center. Not sure if it's still there, or if that price was correct... but you could call 757-314-1111 and ask for SA Victoria (dept. mgr.). The Ursula Hobo in Cola is what I exchanged it for, since I couldn't find it in black. They gave me that same $447 price, because several places were offering it online for that price in other colors.

^^cheetos, I have the nude denim with chains and I love it!

uhkiwi: I'm happy to hear your enthusiasm for the chains. I will follow bag.lover's advice, wear it around the house for a day, and see how my shoulders feel under the chains. Gosh, if this were only the '80s when shoulder pads were big (no pun intended), there'd be no problem! No really, I do not wish the '80s upon us again, except for maybe the music.:smile:

Black with chain straps arrived last night. It's on its way back this morning. The chains were definitely too chunky for me. Hopefully, it will make someone else very happy.

Hi,
I'm new here and have question about authenticity. Does this bag have nameplate inside or Marc Jacobs Made in italy printed on the leather trim inside the bag around the zippered pocket?
Thanks.

Hi,
I'm new here and have question about authenticity. Does this bag have nameplate inside or Marc Jacobs Made in italy printed on the leather trim inside the bag around the zippered pocket?
Thanks.

Welcome, dragonfly! There's a whole section called "Autheticate this MJ" that can help you answer your question.

Well, I tried to read it... Some people saying that MJ never had bags with leather trim around the zippered pocket. But then eluxury.com has some bags like that... So confusing... Thought maybe people who owns it already maybe can help me...
But thanks anyway :smile:

Well, I tried to read it ... Thought maybe people who owns it already maybe can help me...

Can you take digital pictures and post under that thread? By making it easier for the experts on the forum to see what you are talking about, you stand a better chance of getting a helpful answer. Good luck!

Yes, definitely post photos in the thread. MJ changes these details from season to season, so it really depends on which season this banana hobo is from.

Hi,
I took some pictures... What do you think? Is it real?
mjh4sm4.jpg
mjh3dj8.jpg
mjh2it6.jpg
mjh1lr1.jpg
mjhrj8.jpg
mjzipperzp0.jpg