Thoughts on Junior Drake 'Megan' Handbag at Nordstroms?

1. I'm looking for gunmetal bags that also function for work -- carrying files and magazines. Has anyone seen this bag -- Junior Drake 'Megan" Handbag? The color is beautiful. I've never purchased a Junior Drake bag before. Thoughts on quality? Here's a link to the bag:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2940421/0~2376779~2374605~6006504?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6006504&P=1

Any other thougths on gunmetal bags $500 and under? I was considering the Cole Haan satchel (three zipper) but I'm not sure I can get my files in there without them being mangled.

Thank you.

2. I had this bag and sold it to a friend and since then, I've been sort of regretting it! It's a yummy bag and the silk lining is WONDERFUL. However... The top part of the bag is quite a bit narrower than the bottom and there is that banding... I really don't know if you could fit files in that bag. I was able to put an 8x11 mini organizer in, but that was about as wide at the top you could go... maybe an inch more.

The only reason I sold it was because the two hand straps was too short for over the shoulder and the single wasn't the best length for me, but otherwise a very nice bag and that pewter is SOOOOO not flashy, just the right amount of shine - like pewter truly isn't shiny really.

I just saw the triple zip satchel yesterday by Cole Haan and NO WAY could you put folders in it. I don't think what I saw was the mini either. Yep... triple zips are at the widest 14 or 16 inches wide, but their MOUTHS of the bag are about 9 to 11 inches wide and they are only 9 or 10 inches tall and then the curve inwards.

Sorry to be a bearer of bad news!

3. My experience with their CS has turned me right off. They blatently ignore you if anything goes wrong with their product. They seem to not stand behind their handbags at all and think your issue will magically vanish if they pretend you are not there.

Just my experience with them has made me sware off their product forever and ever.

Good luck!

4. That sucks! I was kicking myself for not buying this bag when Nordstrom sold it during their anniversary sale (one of the SAs told me it sold out practically instantaneously), but after hearing that maybe it was a good thing that I didn't go for it!