Thoughts on Grenat...City, Hobo, Work...

1. Hmmm...I "inspected" a few grenat city bags yesterday...there appears to be a fair degree of diversity from bag to bag...

In general, the grenat feels a bit "thinner" (but could be "feels" rather than actual) than the rouge vif. It also seems more shiny and some grenat bags are more "crispy" than others (similar to my blueberry and truffe "inspections"). The color also varies from bag to bag. My grenat hobo is the most soft, thick feeling with a deep color. A grenat work pictured here has the most "dull" color. I selected the least "crispy" city bag I saw...it is also a deep color, but more shiny than the hobo...

The colors that most consistently match my own b-bag leather preferences this fall are rouge vif and sapin...

2. Where did you see these Grenat Cities SoCal?

And welcome back! How was China?

3. Grenat City (w and w/o flash)...

Also...the grenat bags I have seen tend to have "white" edging here and there on the leather and tassels...doesn't bother me...but my rouge twiggy has even leather...

Grenat City 003.jpg Grenat City 002.jpg
  4. Grenat work...

Grenat B-Bags 005.jpg
  5. Grenat hobo...

Grenat B-Bags 004.jpg
  6. i totally LOVE the WORK for sure - i dont think it looks too dull... OR is my computer screen playing tricks on me! hehehe!

7. I think the grenat looks great - at least I hope that is the case. I have one coming from BalNYC tom.:happydance:

8. Thank you! China was work with a bit of fun! Grenat inspections are from NM and Barneys...

9. Perhaps dull was not the right word...the work is the least shiny... ;)

10. I am rubbing the Buddha belly so that you receive a grenat bag that is a perfect match to your preferences!

11. crispy huh? thanks for sharing. glad yours is soft!

12. My very favoriate is your Grenat Hobo. Crossing my fingers that my Grenat City from eBay is half as nice. :smile:

13. I know exactly what you mean SoCal. That is how the Grenat work was that I had gotten (and returned) from NM. It was also a lighter Grenat color. When I got the Grenat Purse :heart: , I was stunned at the differences. It was a much, much deeper Grenat color, had a nice finish/shine and the leather on it was thicker but much smooshier already (the Work was a bit thicker & stiff). Funny how the color, leather, & shine/lack thereof differs between bag to bag & even style to style.

14. I like them all personally. However, I like the work the best!

15. Welcome back, Socal! Hmmm...these grenats seem to be multiplying like...rabbits! :p
    I like your hobo the best - it seems to have the smoothest leather and deepest color out of the 3 bags. Will you be keeping them all?

(I had a grenat city too, and the white piping on the seams drove me nuts!) :push: