Thoughts on Corinna City Tote in PLATINUM??

1. This is a question for those of you who either own or have seen the platinum Corinna city tote in PLATINUM color.

I bought the mini from Luna Boston in platinum. It arrived 2 days ago. While I was pleased at how lightweight it is, I was surprised by the color, which I would certainly have called "gold" rather than the silvery color I expected.

So, to those of you who have seen this IRL, can you tell me what you think of the color? Think it's versatile and easy to use as a neutral, or too aggressively metallic? Okay as a casual bag?

This is still sitting in the box while I decide whether to return it, so I will base my decision on what my esteemed fellow PFers have to say!

TIA! :tup:
  2. I saw it and it was nice and metallic but the color was definitely not what I would consider platinum. I think of Platinum as a duller grayer silver. It was definitely in the silver range but definitely warmer than regular silver.
  3. I'm awaiting my still. I was surprised that it was more shimmery gold than silver, but still looks very pretty. I can't wait.
  4. i bought the same exact bag but i had seen pretty accurate pictures of it online so i knew what to expect... but yes, i'd describe it as gold too instead of silver. i think it's ok as a casual bag but only if you enjoy a bright pop of color and don't mind being a little flashy on a normal basis. i know you weren't exactly looking for a gold bag, but i thought the color was nice in terms of golds, not too tacky. sadly i returned mine b/c i didn't like the quality :sad:
  5. ^^

What didn't you like about the quality? How was the leather?
  6. if you're looking for a lightweight bag, it definitely is. but a little too light for my taste, the leather just felt very thin and not substantial. plus the stitching didn't look high quality and was even fraying a little in certain parts. i know some ladies love their city totes but i was disappointed.
  7. Do you have a pic?