Thoughts about Nylon Prada bags...

1. Hello!

Prada nylon bags and totes were HUGE (as in cool, not big, LOL!) in the minimalist 90's (not to mention practical!) and after giving a bunch away I still have quite a few nylon bags in various sizes. I don't really see people carrying them anymore -- do people look down at the nylon styles nowadays??? I still use my Prada backpack when we ride the motorcycle -- gotta hang on! :graucho:

2. I love mine because they are so easy to clean... and my personal style is minimalist and practical. So, they suit me very well.

I have no idea what any one else thinks except for the few people that have approached me to compliment my bag and tell me that they also have or had that similar nylon tote/messenger/whatever.

3. I think the sheer practicality of the nylon Pradas make them a really useful bag to have :smile:

4. I may be in the minority here, but to me, there's a reason why they're sometimes called "starter Prada". Maybe because I live in NYC where stacks of fake ones used to be piled up in the street carts, but they just don't make it for me. Sorry...

5. I think they are practical, especially the messenger and larger ones. But I don't see anyone carrying them.

6. I think they're especially great for rainy days.

7. I love Prada's nylon bags, the backpacks are coming back. =)

8. i've always had a thing for prada nylon. i always keep coming back to them.

9. I think all the fakes diluted the desirability of the nylon Prada bags.

10. I have one of the flat crossbody messenger bags that I bought about 4 years ago. It's a really deep chocolate brown color and I absolutely love it. It's simple and maintainance free. :smile:

11. Yeah, I also love the Prada's Nylon stuffs. :love:
    The Backpack is one of my fav bags...so practical!!! :yes:

12. Well the only Prada bags I have are the nylon ones. lol. I haven't used them in awhile but may plan to soon. I don't have a problem with the prada nylons cuz I think they're simple and I love that you can clean them so easily. And they're a major plus when it rains. :smile:

13. Thanks everyone! :flowers:

I still love them too even though I've been mainly using my LVs the past few years. The nylon bags are actually what attracted me to Prada in the first place all those years ago. They are very practical, pretty indestructable and maintenance-free. I like the simple, minimalist details. I have the ones that just have the little triangle logo. I still use the large totes and messenger bags for travel because they are worry-free and more importantly -- discreet, KWIM? (I don't want to be a target!) And the flat messenger bag worn across the body is perfect for a 1-liter bottle of Evian if you don't feel like holding it! :jammin:

14. After getting my coffer soaked last night (we had nasty weather here in NY), I'm on the hunt for one now. Although, I do think they're a bit pricey for nylon. I've read her at tPF that they're so easy to care for. The total No-worries bag! Beautiful, stylish and practical. I Love 'em. I saw this one earlier (see link below) and am sooooooooooooo in Love. I Love the color and everything. However, I ain't payin' that much for a nylon bag though, so I'll just admire it from afar.

Prada - Ruched Nylon/Leather Handbag - Saks.com

15. I love mine. It's just a small shoulder bag-nylon one. It's great for taking out at night because it's not too big but i can still fit most of my stuff in it. I like to think, black/small/prada won't go out of style