Those who own the leather gauffre bags, pls tell me

1. (visiting from the Chanel board, but loving the gauffre bags) How does the leather wear on this bag? The one I want doesn't have "feet" so am curious how careful one must be with this bag. Thanks so much!
  2. I have mine for about a month. Black! I think the leather holds up great - so far. But I won't wear mine in the rain, never set it on the floor, etc...
  3. Thanks Minette! I usually don't put my bags on the floor either, though I do toss them onto the passenger seat in my car (and I really do mean "toss"). I don't like when the bottom corner areas of my bags show wear. Speaking of the rain, I saw a black patent gauffre, but it looked like a rain slicker! :roflmfao:
  4. I have been using my black leather Gauffre for about four months now. I put it on the floor, squeeze in the subway, use it in the rain etc... I am a bad owner I guess. but the leather still looks great and feels soft.
  5. I abuse my Prada bags too. The ones I have are a few years old now, but they seem to really have held up.

The Gauffre appeals to me because of the rouching. I think that will hide a lot of abuse, as opposed to a plain, smooth surface, such as the Chanel Soft & Chain (Jill has that one)... how can a scratch not show up on such a pristine surface? The Gauffre won't show as much... the brown leather already has darker areas included in the design of the bag. How thoughtful. ;)
  6. all my gauffres are in PERFECt condition.They r awesome
  7. Jayne, you sound *convinced.* :smile:
    Is it... too early to remind you to post pics!? :p
  8. ^^ Will do! :yes: