This totally just turned me off......so mad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Candace, I wish you luck with this. Perhaps ebay is a good choice. I'm sure you'll be able to get top dollar for you blue bag as there arent many on ebay. Good luck either way.

I am really sorry that this happened to you.

This is the exactly the reason why I am always the big meanie around here when it comes to people wanting to return bags to the boutique that have 1) been worn "once or twice" and they decided afterward they didn't like them; 2) been purchased at a department store, not at Coach; and/or 3) were purchased on eBay. As more and more people abuse Coach's liberal return policy, more people with *legitimate returns* will be turned away. I think Coach is getting sick of people taking advantage of them and unfortunately, honest people like you, Candace, are paying for it.

As everyone else has said, you can always try a different store. Again, I am really sorry for what happened. :flowers:
Lucky for me I've never returned to the coach store, only because its 2 hrs away and I have only bought small items there.
But like you have said, I dont understand coach returning bags from 2 yrs ago.. like wtf is that about. I mean why is there policy not like others 14 days for refund and 30 for credit. Hell here in canada you have 7 days for refund ( in some stores) and 14 for store credit.

I could never imagine used or not taking a bag back to the store 6 months more later.

not to be a meanie, but didn't you buy the reversible tote on ebay? I know you said your aunt gave it to you like last week, but you said a month prior you bought it on ebay? That's an ethical issue there and I'm glad they wouldn't accept that back. You're pushing the return policy limits and getting more money back than you paid for it. This isn't the first return issue you've had.

As for the other items, if they were floor models, then push the issue if you know you're right.

Please...Please...Report his behavior!! Like many others have said...talk to your regular SA. Do not talk to that b*st*rd again!! He should have pulled your info up in the system! It's very disappointing. That makes me NOT want to shop at Coach. I'm going to call my SA here in Tampa and tell her what happened...just to get some additional perspective. I also want to make sure this doesn't happen to me. Goodness knows I've got a lot of bags with tags.

pushing what limits.... I bought the medium sized on ebay, and she had given me the large her husband bought her the same time I had bought my medium... she had never used the large and didn't know that I had already gotten a replacement so she sent me hers........ So getting more money that I paid for it???
And this is the ONLY situation I have had a problem returning something... before I exchanged my embossed hobo b/c I didn't like it and I returned the white shoulder tote TO THE OUTLET... and even had my receipt and got LESS back than what I paid.....
I don't know what you're trying to insinuate.....

The dillards QUESTION was all I could see. In Candace's defense, I called my SA and told her that I had purchased a bag at Dillards and did not like it. She said she would ask her manager and didn't see a problem exchanging it as long as it had the Coach tag on it. I ended up returning it to Dillards, but the boutique was willing to take it.

someone went through alot of work to call me out.....

excuse me, I think I'll just keep everything and NOT be happy

don't think so
not really. I remembered the thread of you buying it on ebay, so I went back to find it. Lo and behold there were the other threads on the same page. I'm not trying to start anything, but if you want to get respect, you need to return things the ethical way.

The update: I just called my other Coach Boutique and explained to her about my 2 items and she said no problem, they switch their floor models out some times and thats probably what I had received.

Wait a minute... so these bags that are being returned weren't even purchased at a Coach boutique?

Status
Not open for further replies.