This stinks!

Even if it is basically new, the average buyer would rather just go to the boutique or order from e-luxury if someone is asking retail for something on ebay that is readily available at the boutique or online retailer for the same price. You might have to list a reserve low enough to make it worth it to potential buyers to buy your bag instead of one directly from LV.

You should have it end on a Sunday night. I find that's the best time - most people are home preparing for their week. If you ended on a Friday or Saturday night, chances are the people who werer "watching" the auction had a hot date! Try re-listing it again!

Sorry dear, but the truth is, you're not going to get what you paid for it and definately not MORE than you paid for it. Like others have said, people are looking for a good deal on ebay or else they'd rather just go to the boutique or order from e-lux and get a brand new one. It's sad, I know, but unfortunately, you're going to lose at least a couple hundred right off the top since it's previously owned, even if it is almost brand new. With hefty ebay and paypal fees, you end up with that much less in the end.
You may have better luck finding a private buyer or just keeping it.
I wish I had better news for you.

Many people have brought up some good points here...for instance,
having the auction end on a Sunday night is a good one. I actually do this and find it works quite well.

Sadly, you won't get close to retail for this bag even if it is like new. It's not a hot item right now. I tried to sell a Damier Papillon 30 and was saddened by the paltry offers. I put it away for a while, then took it out about 2 months ago. It's in regular rotation now. Can't believe I wanted to sell it because now I am finding it to be so useful. Maybe you need a break from it?

Or, if you absolutely hate it and must be rid of it: Try a consignment shop or I know of one MPRS who will do the leg work for you and put it on eBay. You will have to provide that MPRS with a cut of the winnings, but you'll probably earn more in the long run than if you put the ad up yourself.

Best of luck.

I have sold so many LV bags on ebay. I have weared them 3-4 times and I have sold them for the half price of the price I have payed for them.
If people pay the same price like at the store, they will go to the store and try some different bags and have the choice between a few bags.

Yeah I guess I could. It just makes me mad that like 16 people were watching it and 5 people bid on it ....where were the other 11???? Oh well

I, for one, like to watch items that interest me. I'm not necessarily planning to buy an item that I watch. I have actually been selling some things through a consignment service. While those items were active, I watched them although I wasn't a bidder, KWIM? Actually, I was watching a couple of new Berkeleys thinking why would they be trying to sell them for more $$ than the store? They have been listed and relisted and never sold -- because they are asking way too much.
I don't think it's a "real" vs "fake" thing, either; just common sense and economy.
Good luck next time!
--Judy

Yeah I guess I could. It just makes me mad that like 16 people were watching it and 5 people bid on it ....where were the other 11???? Oh well

don't give up. this happens all the time. I tried selling a coin purse on ebay, and had 21 ppl watching it at the end, but it never made reserve so it didn't sell.

yeah, i'd go ahead and relist it. i think it doesn't cost you anything. go for the 7-day listing (at least), cuz it sometimes takes a day for the listing to be searchable

and as for watchers vs. bidders, I am guilty of being a "watcher" without bidding. I watch things w/ no itention of bidding,just because I'm curious of how the final selling price will come out to be, so I know what's a fair selling price for that type of item. i'm sure a lot of other ppl do the same

I have the reserve price set at what I payed for it...$1450

I definitely made sure to get good pictures (I learned a lot here):tup: I wish I could paste the listing here so you guys could give me your input.

Frankly, I think this reserve price is a problem. A buyer can just go to LV and buy a brand new one for $1560. Why on earth would they pay almost exactly the same price (after shipping) for one that is used and might be fake? IMO you HAVE to discount from retail to address two issues: First, the bag is used. It doesn't matter that you never ever carried it, not even once. Once the bag has left the store, it is no longer "new". Period. Second, even though YOU know the bag is authentic, there is NO WAY for a buyer to be 100% sure of that. EVEN if they get it authenticated on tPF or mypoupette, the fact of the matter is that unless you buy direct from LV you can never be 100% sure the bag you have bought is the real deal. You are currently charging a buyer basically the same price they would pay LV; I think you need to knock the reserve price down quite a bit if you really want to sell this bag. Obviously just MHO, but wanted to express my own POV, as a nice, honest buyer who is really into buying high-end bags on eBay.

Frankly, I think this reserve price is a problem. A buyer can just go to LV and buy a brand new one for $1560. Why on earth would they pay almost exactly the same price (after shipping) for one that is used and might be fake? IMO you HAVE to discount from retail to address two issues: First, the bag is used. It doesn't matter that you never ever carried it, not even once. Once the bag has left the store, it is no longer "new". Period. Second, even though YOU know the bag is authentic, there is NO WAY for a buyer to be 100% sure of that. EVEN if they get it authenticated on tPF or mypoupette, the fact of the matter is that unless you buy direct from LV you can never be 100% sure the bag you have bought is the real deal. You are currently charging a buyer basically the same price they would pay LV; I think you need to knock the reserve price down quite a bit if you really want to sell this bag. Obviously just MHO, but wanted to express my own POV, as a nice, honest buyer who is really into buying high-end bags on eBay.

I agree. Plus, you have world-wide e-bay competition and online sellers like let-trade, who sell for really good prices. As a buyer, I would go to the boutique, get the bag w/everything down to the paper bag, brand new, and not go the e-bay route for that amount of money and an almost-retail price. It's also not a limited item, which can go for retail or even over retail.

Good luck though.

I agree too. Unless it's a collector's item, limited edition, or discontinued, people will not pay full retail for a bag on eBay. There's so much more risk involved that the bag will be fake, seller will bait and switch in some way (maybe those aren't the pictures of the actual bag, or maybe they'll ship a box of junk), maybe there's some damage or use that you can't see in the pics, and you don't get any possibility of returning it. There's no way I'd take on that risk just for the possibility of saving sales tax. :nogood:
Especially when you're talking that price range, who wouldn't spend the extra $100 to just buy it at the store for peace of mind?

Maybe try a buy it now w/best offer, and set the BIN at $1300 or something where you won't take a huge loss. Those seem to be a lot more popular than a reserve. You actually did really well having 5 bidders, so there's clearly interest. I've had auctions with 28 watchers and ONE bid.

Just to echo everyone else - nobody is looking for bags on e-bay in order to pay retail. They are on there looking for a deal. The only exception is for a high demand, limited edition or sold out item.