This really happened......

Wongnumber...this sounds more like Lent, than New Year's.

The thing I did do for Chinese New Year was eat noodles...for long life...right? Oh and I had a hard-boiled egg...something round...for a well-rounded year...
I ordered a large special fried rice (#2), honey chicken (#12), mixed entrees(#'s 20 & 21) and prwan chips. Seriously.

Wongnumber...this sounds more like Lent, than New Year's.

The thing I did do for Chinese New Year was eat noodles...for long life...right? Oh and I had a hard-boiled egg...something round...for a well-rounded year...

Ooops. I didn't know about the egg thing-y.

Oh well, I'm already round. Don't need the egg.

And I thought noodles were for birthdays?

You see. I told you I was a barbaric heathen. Arrrrgh. I'll just go hide under my bed now.

EMNH - it's only Lent in terms of the cussing. Otherwise there's nothing Lenten about the new year. The amount of gorging that goes on here.....

there is a sweet man in a wheelchair on Rodeo Dr. who always asks for change but he's very talkative and smiley [not a mumbler] and talks to people. everytime i see him when i shop there he tells me to share my purchases because i'm holding shopping bags from stores like Barneys or Hermes or Prada, etc. this man knows his stuff!!

Hey, everywhere I go, there's a homeless guy playing drums on the footpath (or sidewalk) that are actually just plastic buckets turned upside down. Is it the same guy, well-travelled? Or are the drums a popular skill among the abode-challenged?

there is a sweet man in a wheelchair on Rodeo Dr. who always asks for change but he's very talkative and smiley [not a mumbler] and talks to people. everytime i see him when i shop there he tells me to share my purchases because i'm holding shopping bags from stores like Barneys or Hermes or Prada, etc. this man knows his stuff!!

That's why he parks himself on Rodeo. Obviously a man of good taste.

I think that's Sidney Wellborn III..the manager of Chanel Fine Jewelry....just kidding...I do think that a lot of these "homeless" men use to be real Fashionistas...

there is also a woman who jogs in beverly hills wearing brighlty colored tracksuits who is about 5'8" and thin with blonde hair and collagen lips who talks to herself and jogs in place even while browsing inside clothing stores and asks people what nationality they are. i swear this person is real.